chopping samples into akai mpc style

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
hi,
i'm new into lmms and i would know if there is a way to chop, slicing samples and play them from Akai Mpd like mpc.
thanks
Hi and welcome to the forum.
Hopefully someone here can give you an answer, But the device should show two midi controllers in LMMS.
t.h.r. wrote:hi,
i'm new into lmms
Welcome!
t.h.r. wrote: if there is a way to chop, slicing samples and play them from Akai Mpd like mpc.
thanks
you use a couple of acronyms i dont know (mpd, mpc) -are those akai releated?
The answer to your Your Q is : 'partly'
Lmms has no 'slicer' as known from fls or reaper, so the slicing would have to be done manually
But there is the audiofileprocessor (afp)
You can very precisely isolate any part of a sample and you can allocate that sample to your external keyboard, so to sum up
Automately distribute n slices to n keys on keyboard: No
Play isolated 'slices' of a sample from kb: Yes
musikbear wrote:
t.h.r. wrote:hi,
i'm new into lmms
Welcome!
t.h.r. wrote: if there is a way to chop, slicing samples and play them from Akai Mpd like mpc.
thanks
you use a couple of acronyms i dont know (mpd, mpc) -are those akai releated?
The answer to your Your Q is : 'partly'
Lmms has no 'slicer' as known from fls or reaper, so the slicing would have to be done manually
But there is the audiofileprocessor (afp)
You can very precisely isolate any part of a sample and you can allocate that sample to your external keyboard, so to sum up
Automately distribute n slices to n keys on keyboard: No
Play isolated 'slices' of a sample from kb: Yes
ok. now is all is clear.
i mean by akai mpd like akai mpc (for ex. fpc plug-in on fl studio using edison to chop samples)
so we are in the same situation of fruity loops before edison plug-in. :(
i rember i used to slice and chop sample with sound forge then imported in fruity loops...this is a disadvantageous situation.
in any case thank for the clear and quick answer.
There's a discussion on VSTs that may implement this: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/rap-hip ... i-mpd.html