Why can’t I change my theme

Working on a theme for LMMS? Post progress and get feedback.
Hello everyone,

I recently got LMMS on my laptop and i’ve been trying to change the theme but it’s driving me insane, I download the theme straight from lmms.io but it never shows up on the application, even when it’s extracted or in a folder. Please help it’s driving me nuts, thank you
marcus77 wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 6:48 pm
Hello everyone,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum marcus77 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions

trying to change the theme :: straight from lmms.io :: never shows up on the application
You need to link to the theme-folder in your Settings (Edit| Settings| Path) :
Here in picture, it is the 3. from top "Artwork-directory"
Use the button to the right, and point to your preferred theme-folder
Restart after
I'm a newbie too. I absolutely HATE DARK MODE!!!! I can't read text on the damned dark background. I want black text on a white backgroundI.If
you do radical and unnecessary changes like this again, please state up front that LMMS is NOT suitable for the visually impaired.
runbux wrote:
Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:52 pm
I'm a newbie too. I absolutely HATE DARK MODE!!!! I can't read text on the damned dark background. I want black text on a white backgroundI.If
you do radical and unnecessary changes like this again, please state up front that LMMS is NOT suitable for the visually impaired.
Hi, welcome to the forums!

LMMS started with a dark-skewed blueish gray theme, then got a redesign for 1.0, which was also grays, but a little lighter. Now we have had the new theme for a while, which is dark indeed. However, calling it an unnecessary change is mere opinion at best, because hordes of users were requesting a more attractive, modern theme. Even so, if you do like the 1.0 theme, you can change it in settings under the file directory page! It is still included with the install, and is called "Classic."

LMMS has never had a proper light or high contrast theme, nor has the project ever claimed to be suitable for vision impaired users, because it does not have to. LMMS is provided as is, by unpaid developers. There are a lot of user provided themes on the sharing platform, just make sure to match the version of the theme and your LMMS installation, as they are often version-dependent.