How to see path of .sf2 files ?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,

I am working remotely with someone that is not very computer savvy, and sometimes, problems happen with the localization of the samples files on their computer. I would like to give clear indications, but this is impossible, as the path is not written in fully in the "place to write it" (namely, "FILE") As the SF2 box is not resizable, as nothing appears upon hovering or clicking, and as the path does not appear fully, I have no idea about where is the file.

Do you have any idea about a way to see the full path?
sugandese wrote:
Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:14 pm
Hello,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum sugandese !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Do you have any idea about a way to see the full path?
SF2 & Soundfonts has two functional features in LMMS.
1) Used as instruments, just as any of the other default instruments
2) Standard for all MIDI-imports as Default-Soundfont.

It is the latter that you need to make a path for.
That is done in Edit| Settings| Folders|
As Default-soundfont we recommend one of the General-User-soundfonts.
There are some alternatives, but they all give you full access to your MIDI-library in your soundcard.
Here: https://lmms.io/wiki/index.php?title=LM ... ings#Paths
You cab read about this setup
the path is not written in fully in the "place to write it" (namely, "FILE")
Here you mean the FILE-field in UI to the left of the pink folder-symbol, im sure. -But that is confusing, because it should.
After you have loaded a Soundfont, and made sure that it plays notes, then click on the pink folder-symbol, it works as a button, and it opens a typical file-localisation dialog, where you both can read the current full path, copy the path for something like an email-instruction, and also make changes to that path.
Finally there is a special issue with SF2 files, they are directly hard-copied into the actual project-file!
That can lead to issues, if you are coop'ing whit someone, that uses a different setup, or perhaps different OS.
First of all, thank you for you lengthy reply.

Code: Select all

Here you mean the FILE-field in UI to the left of the pink folder-symbol, im sure. -But that is confusing, because it should.
After you have loaded a Soundfont, and made sure that it plays notes, then click on the pink folder-symbol, it works as a button, and it opens a typical file-localisation dialog, where you both can read the current full path, copy the path for something like an email-instruction, and also make changes to that path.
I am indeed talking about this. I know what the pink folder button does. Yet, I'm talking about .mmpz files arriving from another computer (that even has another OS), where soundfonts are loaded with an absolute path. (not from the sample folder). Of course, they don't make any sound. When clicking on the pink folder, the former full path cannot be seen entirely ; Only the file name remains to be seen. Where could I fully see the former path (that appears in a truncated way in the box to the left of the pink folder) ?

Anyway, it doesn't really matter now, as we found a workaround (namely, only working with relative path from the sample folder).