New Ambient Piece!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hello Wonderful People,

Here is a new ambient track. Jon Hopkins is one of my biggest inspirations, so I thought I'd take a page out of his book and create my percussion using organic sounds, and also record a crowd to heighten the idea of getting away from "the noise." I use my fist banging on my desk, my nails swiping on the same desk, and my door closing, all reverbed and equalized to get to the desired effect. The piano holds everything together as everything builds and fades around it. In a way, the percussion somewhat serves as the noise we're unable to escape, the business and whatnot driving us on...

If anyone's curious, harmonically I just used good old I, IV, and V, with the I being an add6 and the IV being a maj7, for deliciousness.

Thank you all so much for listening! You guys are great, and I appreciate the comments and feedback so much--I'm so happy to have found such a giving community. :)

https://soundcloud.com/loganhart/quiet-the-noise
Good job, nice and relaxing.

I am not sure if it just me and my headset, but aren't the high pops at 4.48 a tad to much ? ( too loud and or do I hear some distortion ? )

I like the song though.
Hmm, I don't seem to have any pops there when I play the song...maybe it's my headphones? :P
I did not hear distortion on 7.1 surround sound, but the high notes are a little too loud for my liking
Other than that it's a nice piece.
I prob meant the same thing as Eino.
LHart144 wrote:Hmm, I don't seem to have any pops there when I play the song...maybe it's my headphones? :P
LOL, I did not meant pops like that, I was trying to describe the high pitched sounds.
Gotcha! Yeah, those are a wee bit too loud. I seem to have completely missed them during playback. Gotta be a little bit more careful next time. ;)
I like it :-). Very relaxing...
Very creative and chill. I just finished a humanities essay on Baroque art while listening to it. Thanks for sharing!