Default input and wrong key?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hey guys,

I have two questions, since I have bought an external keyboard:

1. Is it possible to set the midi keyboard as default input? It's pretty annoying to choose the keyboard for every single instrument (by clicking on the gear).

2. The keys seem to be (dont know the english word) displaced? When I choose a sample in C, the C will be on the A-key. Is this a bug? It doesnt really make sense. I hope you understand what I mean.
I don't know about the default input.

But if you're using a sample as an instrument via Audio File Processor I think LMMS assumes that your sample note is recorded as an A. This is shown by the green square over the note on the keyboard at the bottom of the AFP box. If the sample is a C you need tell LMMS by moving the green square along until it's over the C key. Then it will be back in tune (I think....I'm new at all this).

Steve
Thank you Steve, that worked. I still can't understand why Audiofile Processor moves the key of a sample like "Piano_C3", but it worked.

Can someone help me with the input settings?
JustABeginner wrote:Thank you Steve, that worked. I still can't understand why Audiofile Processor moves the key of a sample like "Piano_C3", but it worked.
Glad that worked. The thing is the sample is just one note, in this case a C. LMMS has to recalculate a new note every time you press a different key. So it relies on you telling it which key on the keyboard the original sample note belongs to.

Steve
JustABeginner wrote:I still can't understand why Audiofile Processor moves the key of a sample like "Piano_C3"
Can someone help me with the input settings?
I don't think that can be turned off, AFP automatically raise or lower the sample to match the notes in the Piano Roll. There are notes called beat-notes, which don't have a note pitch but play the sample until it ends. The easiest way to access these in the Song Editor is to zoom in 800% or more, then when you place a new pattern it should look something like the patterns in the Beat + Bassline Editor. So when you place one of those steps the audio will be played until the end.