VST Effect Cuts Off and Starts Again and Cuts Off

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Hello, this is Cliffjumper38. So I have a guitar VST amp called "Electrum" which I use on some of my SF2 guitars which it worked perfectly, until 12/24/2021 when my effect just started to cut off and start again and cut off again then on and on. So just need help seeing if there's a way to fix this issue? I tried restarting my computer, I tried uninstalling Electrum, I tried deleting the presets I saved, I tried changing the buffer, and so far none of them worked.
Cliffjumper38 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 8:40 pm
Hello, this is Cliffjumper38.
Hi, Welcome to the Forum !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

So I have a guitar VST amp called "Electrum" which I use on some of my SF2 guitars which it worked perfectly, until 12/24/2021 when my effect just started to cut off and start again and cut off again then on and on. So just need help seeing if there's a way to fix this issue? I tried restarting my computer, I tried uninstalling Electrum, I tried deleting the presets I saved, I tried changing the buffer, and so far none of them worked.
[/quote]

This
it worked perfectly, until 12/24/2021
is important.
Did you do something to your LMMS- installation that day?
Changed a setting or...?
Have you tried to use the effect in a new project?
you should test that, because if it works perfectly, then we know that it has to do with one specific project
In your template-folder, you should have one called empty, that is a good choice for this test.
Let us know the outcome :)
Yeah I've tried it on a new project, MIDI files, and projects that didn't use Electrum which that didn't work. That day wasn't my first time on LMMS because I got it on December 12th, 2020. The empty template didn't work. And it does the cutting off on all of my projects that use it. And when I said it worked perfectly, I mean it worked perfectly before December 24th which the 24th was the day the cutting off starting happening. If I had to uninstall LMMS would I lose all of my projects?
If you uninstalled LMMS, I don't think you would lose the projects. However, just to be safe, make a copy of C:/Users/username/documents/lmms and keep it in a different place like desktop in case you lose it. Make sure to delete ".lmmsrc.xml" in C:/User/username in case it doesn't delete along with uninstallation.
After uninstalling LMMS, install it again. See if it works properly then. If it doesn't, get back to us.
Ok, I didn't lose my stuff. But it still didn't work even when I uninstalled LMMS.
Try using another VST effect, for example a cutoff filter. Is this also cutting off periodically? That being said, I looked at Electrum homepage.
Did you download trial version? Maybe the cutting off is because you haven't activate the plugin with license. If you are using an unlicensed VST, try using something that's actually free.
Ok, so it was because I had the trial version. But eventually I paid for the full version, and it's working the way it's supposed to again.