Vestige is not loading my VST's

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
As promised.

I tried to install LMMS on windows 10 pro. ( lmms 64 bit )

Although I managed to have Vestige loading and using 4 front piano 64 bit, there are some issues, I don't understand.

First one is that LMMS does not create a shortcut to my desktop.

Second one is under settings, the path to the vst. When I copy paste this path from the settings, windows tells me that folder does not exist. :o

I cant find the folders listed under settings. I am confused on this.

Tried installing LMMS as normal user , and then as admin. This does not seem to change a thing?
Gps wrote: Oops, sorry about that. Maybe there is a difference between Windows and Linux on this?
well......
...You got mail
idontknow123 wrote:
Tue May 05, 2020 8:36 pm
I have also ran LMMS as an administrator, but have still received the same outcome.
I can open effects, but the effect loads in, however, there is no option for controls
Got to ask you if you have a legit win10..
There is something odd going on..
Do you have more than one HD on your pc?
Like a SSD + a storage-disk?
You could try and create a completely different installation on that storage-disk
I do have a legit Windows 10,
I tried installing LMMS onto a hard drive and ran it through the USB, and still, all the same, issues present themselves.
So I guess that confirms the windows on this computer is blocking something.
Actually, I just deleted my anti-virus software and all of a sudden everything started working
The antivirus was Comodo Internet Security

Thank you all for all the help :)
Congrats :)

Glad you did not have to reinstall windows.

I have had allot of issues with virus scanners on Windows.

I had windows 7 taking for ever to start up, especially compared to Linux on he same system.
15 min after login, windows 7 still was very unresponsive.

I tried allot, and then removed the virus scanner. Although Linux still was a bit faster, win7 booted normal again.

I would not advice most users to not use a virus scanner though.
idontknow123 wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 1:31 am
Actually, I just deleted my anti-virus software and all of a sudden everything started working
The antivirus was Comodo Internet Security
Great news -However
Do get an other virus-scanner and install! Dont be without protection!
I have attempted: ...everything i can think of, so that do leaves us with
All my paths seem to be correct, as far as what I have seen people suggest to do online
Out paths are not logical!
The directory VST-plugins is not for VST-instruments! It is for VST-Effects
I sincerely hope that you have your instruments in the effect-directory, because i cant imagine what else it could be. You have already done all i suggest for solving this issue..
But there are one thing you also need to try:
In sidebar we have the option My Computer -its the last button. That is a normal file-browser, and you can find and focus any file on your pc.
I want you to browse to the location where you have your mda Piano.dll.
point to the dll, hold left-mouse and drag the dll into song-editor, when the icon shows a '+', then drop it in the track.
What happens?
I am having the same problem this is the first DAW I have used and I tried this, it didn't work, the same thing happened with the vestige plugin being empty of a vst
DiceAndCards wrote:
Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:49 pm
I am having the same problem this is the first DAW I have used and I tried this, it didn't work, the same thing happened with the vestige plugin being empty of a vst
First : Have you tried MDA-piano?
Also we need to know:
* Name of your Operative System (Windows/ Linux/ Mac) And subtype (Home' 'Mint' '10.13' aso)
* lmms version, and the site where you got it from

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome DiceAndCards !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

Let us know the outcome :)