Odd problems with tempo after having imported midi

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I just recently tried LMMS for the first time after having used Ableton Live for a long time. I am considering migrating completely to LMMS if it holds up and am excited to see how well it will work out. First I would like to try and create one of my tracks made in Ableton Live to see if I can get similar results. To do this I have decided to export midi's of portions of the track into LMMS.

However, I have run into a problem! When I import a midi the tempo defaults to 100 bpm. No matter what I do! Even if I change the bpm to 120 and start from the beginning of the song in the song-editor, where the imported midi now sits, it reverts instantly back to 100 bpm! If I keep trying to change to 120 during the imported midi being played the bpm instantly changes back to 100. This goes on until the imported midi ends. Then I can change to 120 bpm and it sticks. Until I start from the beginning, or jump into the part whre the imported midi is!

It's really quite frustrating and I have no idea what might be causing this. When I remove the imported midi, and the instrument, it still sticks. Still acts the same. Even if I delete all instruments and add a new one, it's still there...

Does anyone have an idea why this might be? Can it be something about the tempo in the midi created by Ableton Live? I can add that if I import the midi into Ableton Live it does give the correct 120 bpm tempo.

Worth adding is that I'm running LMMS on Windows 7.

Does anyone have the same problem? :(

I was really excited about possibly changing to LMMS, but if I can't import midi's I really don't know if I can migrate after all...

I would truly appreciate any help!
yes -simple to fix. lmms reads the data from last imported midi and uses that as bmp-set-value. totally logical. However , if you want another project-bmp the just import a dummy midi file into the project. this bmp will now be set.
use like anvill-studio (free) -to make the dummy midi
I btw, also have explained this in the wiki
Br.
Thank you for your reply and suggested workaround. This does seem to work.

However, I don't see what's so logical about this. To me it seems like it's not working as intended if the bpm-set-value is still forced to default to the imported midi's bpm even after having removed that midi entirely from the project. And it only happens for the portion where the midi were imported too.

One other workaround I could think of is reserving space from the start and into the song for importing midis to and start working on the actual song at another portion of the timeline, after the "midi import section". Tedious though. Same with importing a dummy file every time. Or with manually editing out the bpm value from the uncompressed project file, which I found you could also do.

Where in the wiki have you explained this? Could you point me in the right direction? Would appreciate it.
If you right click on the tempo, you'll also get an option for global control (or something similar, I don't have it running atm). Selecting that will bring up a screen that's just like an automation track and works in the same way. A lot of imported midi files seem to put controls for various dials in global controls instead of automations. (Maybe that's just how LMMS does it when loading though.) Personally I find global controls applied to various things to be annoying when trying to remix from something based on a midi. (Those settings override other stuff.)

Somewhere on my LMMS wish-list is having a way to quickly clear these global controls or moving them to a much more readily visible automation track.
This is right website play bejeweled 3 now use this website.