TIPS TO ENHANCE YOUR SAFETY ON AN ELECTRIC SKATEBOARD

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Due to the demand for a new means of transportation that can be used in big cities to avoid crowded streets, many people have switched to electric skateboarding. However, there are also several concerns about the safety of an electric skateboard when being used in those places.

In my opinion, electric skateboards are attractive but also dangerous for beginners who desperately want to enjoy the amazing speed of these vehicles. These skateboards are equipped with powerful motors and large-capacity batteries; therefore, they can accelerate quickly and reach incredible speed.

>>> See also: Are Electric Skateboards Safe?

Just imagine how dangerous it would be when you fall from such a speedy ride. Fortunately, the majority of skateboarding injuries can be prevented by mastering the skating skills as well as wearing suitable protective equipment.

To be safe when riding an e-board, skateboarders must be aware of the danger whenever they get on a motorized skateboard. In case you don’t have enough protective apparatuses, a helmet is a must to protect the most vulnerable part of your body. However, I would always recommend skateboarders have a full set of safety gear to minimize the hazard factors.

DANGERS WHEN RIDING AN E-BOARD

It is reasonable why people don’t let their guard down when encountering an electric skateboard. The dangers in this sport are not only about skaters but also about surrounding people. Sometimes, people who get hurt are those walking on the pavement without paying attention to the incoming electric skateboard.

If you compare it to other vehicles like motorbikes or cars, electric skateboards are definitely safer for both you and the surrounding pedestrians. However, it doesn’t mean that electric skateboarding can not lead to severe accidents.

Furthermore, the danger of electric skateboards does not just come from your ride but also the board itself. All those boards are equipped with big lithium-ion batteries which can explode under wrong usage or charging. Fortunately, the chance that the battery in an electric skateboard explodes is negligible.

In short, skateboarding is dangerous just like other daily activities such as crossing the street, climbing stairs or riding a bicycle. Therefore, riders should learn the right way to protect themselves and other people from those hazards.

The very first piece of advice for anyone who wants to pick up an electric skateboard is to practice regularly. No matter how dangerous electric skateboarding is, riders will always be in control of the board if they master the skills and techniques.

In any skateboarding style including riding on a motorized skateboard, braking techniques are what skaters need to be proficient at. Even though there has already been a regenerative braking system installed in an electric skateboard, we should take extra precautions to ensure our safety.

If you want to be safer when using an electric skateboard, you can refer to eskatebuddy!

The second tip must be paying attention to the remote control. All of the electric skateboards on the market come with a handy remote control that helps skateboarders steer and control the board with ease. Therefore, we should take advantage of this device to make sure we are safe when riding an e-board.

Preparing for the worst case is the third piece of advice that I want to give you whenever you put your feet on any electric skateboard. I bet that the majority of skateboarders are not ready for a sudden situation and they don’t know how to fall correctly. Without the right techniques to fall on the fleshiest part of your body, it can lead to several injuries.

Whenever you are skating on an electric skateboard, you should always be in control of the speed. By doing that, you can slow down when necessary. However, there will be some situations where obstacles or other people come out of nowhere. In those cases, it totally depends on how fast you can react and how skillful you are when skateboarding.

To avoid those sudden and unwanted situations, doing some investigations around the skating area is a must. Without knowing what is waiting for you ahead, skateboarders are likely to get in an accident. Consequently, they will be more prone to serious injuries.

Finally, skateboarders had better take care of their electric skateboard by tightening the back truck or oiling the bearing regularly. Taking care of the back truck is necessary, especially if you are a beginner who wants to push the throttle to the limit. Moreover, tightening the back truck will save you from speed wobbles.

Since electric skateboards are more likely to be damaged when skating in wet conditions, skateboarders had better clean and dry the board after use. This also helps to protect the internal electric components as well as other metal parts.

>>> Check more: how dangerous are electric skateboards

CONCLUSION

Yes, electric skateboards can be dangerous but those hazards can always be prevented if you are aware of the dangers and take proper precautions. Hopefully, you can have a great riding experience on your motorized skateboard.
edwinhane wrote:
Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:39 pm
Hi,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum edwinhane!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
I was setting up LMMS on my new Windows 10 laptop, which has an SSD and a HDD, and I installed LMMS to the SSD,

Ok, -i would not use the system disk unless it is +500 GB. LMMS (and many other programs) runs in ram. You get limited benefits from a SSD' speed.
setting the path for VSTs to a folder in my documents on the HDD, where all my plugins are
It is our fault.
The VSTplugin folder is only meant for VST-effects. The VST-instruments are meant to be managed in a different way. Atm they are best placed in a subdirectory in your user-library under Samples

This is chosen because it makes subfolder-structure possible, and also make security-backups easy, when all user-made items is kept together