How do I get shorter notes in the Beat/Bassline Editor?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I've noticed in some of the demo songs. (eg. Fabro - Tectonic) that some of the tracks have even more notes in the same amount of time. The tracks "sidestick 1" and "Hi Hat Opened" have 32 notes in one bar, unlike the usual track which automatically has 16 notes in a bar.

I've tried to press the "Add steps" button, but it just makes the pattern a bar longer. Any Help?

(sorry if this is a repost, I couldn't phrase it right and therefore couldn't find any other posts)
Is a bug. I don't know more, but this is a bug. I;ve faced it before. Requesting you to upload a screenshot to a drive/sharing app and link it to us for reference.
SurrealMusic wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:31 am
I've noticed in some of the demo songs. (eg. Fabro - Tectonic) that some of the tracks have even more notes in the same amount of time. The tracks "sidestick 1" and "Hi Hat Opened" have 32 notes in one bar, unlike the usual track which automatically has 16 notes in a bar.

I've tried to press the "Add steps" button, but it just makes the pattern a bar longer. Any Help?
This is i visual-bug caused by version-issues.
Tectonic is made in 2011 and in a that ancient lmms, we had a timing issue in graphic, it means that a project that old wont graphically scale correctly to any value in < lmms 1.0
If you add steps, the two sections will never graphically 'fit' eachother in the display
But only the display, not the actual output!
It is not something that should happen, but in respect to the actual output, the project is ok.
Monospace wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:45 am
Is a bug. I don't know more, but this is a bug. I;ve faced it before. Requesting you to upload a screenshot to a drive/sharing app and link it to us for reference.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_jrHun ... wyyEn/view

I was just curious if there was a way to get a faster hi hat pattern than the rest of my drums, without having to open the piano roll.
musikbear, I have replicated this visual bug in 1.2.0 from scratch. It is not fixed in any way, and is not caused by old version.
SurrealMusic wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 8:10 pm
Monospace wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 5:45 am
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_jrHun ... wyyEn/view

I was just curious if there was a way to get a faster hi hat pattern than the rest of my drums, without having to open the piano roll.
As fas as I know that is only possible in the pianoroll.
Monospace wrote:
Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:21 am
musikbear, I have replicated this visual bug in 1.2.0 from scratch. It is not fixed in any way, and is not caused by old version.
:? Oh.. I cant reproduce in 1.2.2
I can also fix the messed up tracks in the old project, by pressing Add or Remove -steps in 1.2.2
could you try 1.2.2? -or 1.3?
Can't confirm how to reproduce but I do have a file lying around with the bug
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1URYn3Z ... sp=sharing
Check
Monospace wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 3:00 am
Can't confirm how to reproduce but I do have a file lying around with the bug

Check
will do -thanks!