Rented the London Philharmonic for this electro tune

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!

Damn ! the bill is expensive :x but 100% worth it :P .

Dunno if I should have carried it further at the end...

>>> https://audiomack.com/newtoon-1/song/electroemotion

You'll tell me ;) .
I dig it! My kids play some racing games that are space themed or retro-neon in visual design... This track would be a nice fit for those kinds of games. (I know you haven't mentioned making game music, but its such an easy way for me to reference and categorize music that I hear!) Could it go on longer? Yeah, you could make it longer... but if you don't want to, it works fine as a shorter track.
Thanks for the feedback :D . Never thought about video games at all, especially during the creation process despite having played all types of games since the 80ies (but hey, my brain must be hardwired now :idea: ).

I was quite happy to simulate an orchestra with free VSTs arrangements that have nothing to do with strings for the most part (played on reverbs a lot). ; did not expect to sound so close I also liked to play with gates again, even if i'm far from understanding all the parameters, especially since I'm not even bothering reading the documentation lol ; there is a lot of experimenting and guessing in my process since I do it for fun and when I'm bored

Thanks again ! :D
newtoon wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:36 pm
...there is a lot of experimenting and guessing in my process...
ME TOO! All of my musical knowledge came from playing actual wind instruments and listening to tons and tons of orchestral pieces, so reading the documentation isn't very helpful to me when it comes to synthetic sound production. I rely more on YouTube videos and have to learn in baby steps. But I am finding it to be a very fulfilling adventure in the process. LMMS sure does take up LESS space than a collection of physical instruments!
Like holy molly, this sounds lovely. You definitely went epic with this one, especially with the pad sounds, pad melody and synths.

What do you mean by, you Rented the London Philharmonic for this electro tune?
brandystarbrite wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:08 am
Like holy molly, this sounds lovely. You definitely went epic with this one, especially with the pad sounds, pad melody and synths.

What do you mean by, you Rented the London Philharmonic for this electro tune?
Hi ! Thanks ! Hope it gave you some emotions, like kinda melancholia at the start, which should be compensated at the end (i don't want to ruin listeners mood for the day, lol ! :D )

Concerning your question, well, it's my first try to emulate an orchestra (the "pads") with not dedicated synth. Thought it was a great challenge and hence the humorous title (no, i did not rent the https://www.lpo.org.uk orchestra). I now wonder if it was a failure in that regards ? :? :cry:

Good luck for your creations ! :idea: :)