Yeah! Pumpin' everywhere!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
My new track is out now! ;)

Vladimir Shkrobtak - Yeah!

And now, it's a Melbourne Bounce! 8-)

You can listen to it on all digital platforms:
Vladimir Shkrobtak wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 3:49 am

This is very good! Have you achieved this pumping bass with side chaining? If yes, how did you do it?
NOVAVA wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:02 am

This is very good! Have you achieved this pumping bass with side chaining? If yes, how did you do it?
Hello! Thanks for feedback.
No, there is no side chain on bass or kick. BPM is 128. Firstly, I picked up a sample from Melbourne bounce sample pack, then kick. And shorten a kick a little, using envelopes: Image
But don't make it too short, it will be sound like top kick, so you can play with these envelopes to find nice sound.

And then just put a bass in this order (kick-bass-kick-bass etc.): Image

Also, I put bass and kick in mono, leads and vocal chops are in stereo. I made it to give a space for bass and kick, so we can hear them better. For this, I used A1-StereoControl VST effect. That's all ;)
Wow! Good pumpin' beat dude.
I like how the track gets faster nearer to the end. That sounded cool.
brandystarbrite wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:31 am
Wow! Good pumpin' beat dude.
I like how the track gets faster nearer to the end. That sounded cool.
Thanks mate! Last drop is my favourite part of this song, I really enjoyed making it. Switched BPM from 128 to 140 and played with reverb :D
Cool track! Love your beat progression. What kick and what VSTs have you used? (Edit: never mind. just noticed an explanatory post.) This track is quality!
Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:55 am
NOVAVA wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:02 am

Hello! Thanks for feedback.
No, there is no side chain on bass or kick. BPM is 128. Firstly, I picked up a sample from Melbourne bounce sample pack, then kick. And shorten a kick a little, using envelopes: Image
But don't make it too short, it will be sound like top kick, so you can play with these envelopes to find nice sound.

And then just put a bass in this order (kick-bass-kick-bass etc.): Image

Also, I put bass and kick in mono, leads and vocal chops are in stereo. I made it to give a space for bass and kick, so we can hear them better. For this, I used A1-StereoControl VST effect. That's all ;)
Many thanks for the detailed explanation! I highly appreciate it!
Monospace wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:18 pm
Cool track! Love your beat progression. What kick and what VSTs have you used? (Edit: never mind. just noticed an explanatory post.) This track is quality!
Hello! Thanks for feedback!
Kick is from this pack: https://soundshockaudio.com/19510-2/
It's name KICK 003 F, also bass from this pack named Whatsup Bass F.

And VSTs: Vital(free) for leads, everywhere, exclude beginning. In the beginning, I used Soudfont2 files.
Effects: ToneBoosters Isone 3(now legacy & free), TAL Reverb 4(free), Melda BandPass(free), TAL Filter 2(free), Melda Equalizer(free), OTT(free), PanCake 2(free), A1 Stereo Control(free).

That's all. Maybe I'll make a project overview on my YouTube channel later;)
Thanks! Will check them out.
Have you considered submitting your songs to the Best of LMMS (or perhaps LMMS Opus)? They're really good quality, and it'd be amazing to see your music on a BoL volume :D
Monospace wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:58 am
Thanks! Will check them out.
Have you considered submitting your songs to the Best of LMMS (or perhaps LMMS Opus)? They're really good quality, and it'd be amazing to see your music on a BoL volume :D
I have a contract with label, so I can't violate it :)