third party vst effects ?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
i literally have to to go drag the .mpt file from documents and put it in the new from templates folder to get it to show up. oh well at least that method works ;(
lmmsguy29 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:03 am
i literally have to to go drag the .mpt file from documents and put it in the new from templates folder to get it to show up. oh well at least that method works ;(
If you save the kit as-template the file is saved in the folder
C:\Users\username\Documents\lmms\templates
The File-menu will open that folder when you select the option Create-new-from-template
Does that not work for you?
I want it to save here with the other drum kits
C:\Program Files\LMMS\data\projects\template
but i go save as template. then file>new from template.
and it doesn't show up. oh well. shrugs
I don't think you need to save it there. I have it in username/documents/lmms/templates/. It should show up properly from there.
lmmsguy29 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:45 am
I want it to save here with the other drum kits
C:\Program Files\LMMS\data\projects\template
but i go save as template. then file>new from template.
and it doesn't show up. oh well. shrugs
Nono never use Program Files or its subfolders!
Program Files is a restricted area for system only. You can access it through some advanced Admin settings, but your are warned and other shenanigans -Its windows.. so..
(WinRar and 7zip can also break in and save files, but only after a warning -Its a DRAG in respect to modding games).
Bottomline Program Files or Program 86 Files should never contain LMMS-user-files. You wont have full control.
If you want your templates to show-up in new-from-templates, save the templates as-templates in
C:\Users\username\Documents\lmms\templates
or a symlinked other folder (-iow to avoid writing on a SSD system-disk)