SoundCloud Spam

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
Sorry to hear this is still happening on soundcloud. :P
caLRo wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2016 10:17 am
For quite some time I have noticed that some of us are getting SoundCloud comments dropped by spam-bots. Responding to them with something like "thanks, i'm glad you like it" is obviously foolish. The problem is that not all spam comments are easily identified as such, and sometimes people mistake them for genuine human interaction.
I suppose you're talking about all these bot accounts with no tracks, no followers that post millions of comments in a second and always target users with low follower counts? Alltough I've seen some other things that could be considered much worse and I guess that wouldn't really count as spam. I was kind of surprised to see so many bot users and other stuff around when I first joined years ago, and it doesn't seem much better nowadays. I guess that's still quite a thing on there unfortunately. But you can always report them - granted that's not really a thing one should have to do all the time on a properly moderated platform and lacking personal experience I don't really know how sucessful that would be.
Yep. Sometimes those bots would send strange, yucky private messages on soundcloud. Don't waste your time reading them. Just delete them immediately as you see them. :P