Import samples in LMMS...

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi,

I already have a lot of sounds from East west Sounds and I would like to use them now that I began to work with LMMS.
Is it possible to import these sounds in LMMS? At the moment i don't find a solution...
I work with mac and because of that I don't have the plugin "Vestige" on lmms.
Is there another plugin that makes this possible?
Or is it possible to use the engine "Opus" of East West as a Plugin in Lmms?

Thanks a lot for your answer(s).

Luca
You can use the sounds with the AudioFileProcessor plugin. Load the audio file processor plugin from sidebar and navigate to the sound from within it. Alternatively, you can place ALL the sounds in your samples folder in C:/users/(username)/Documents/lmms/samples, and/or load them in directly from the sidebar.
As for your East West plugin, I don't know if it's possible with Mac, someone else will have to help with this one
lucaborioli wrote:
Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:02 am
Hi,

I already have a lot of sounds from East west Sounds and I would like to use them now that I began to work with LMMS.
Is it possible to import these sounds in LMMS? At the moment i don't find a solution...
I work with mac and because of that I don't have the plugin "Vestige" on lmms.
Is there another plugin that makes this possible?
Or is it possible to use the engine "Opus" of East West as a Plugin in Lmms?

Thanks a lot for your answer(s).

Luca
Weather it is possible to use your east-west-sample-pack in LMMS depends on what type of sound-files you got.
As Monospace said, you load sample-clips in AFP, here LMMS support most common sound-files, but not mp3!
Supported are:
* wave
* ogg
* ds
* flac
If your samples are in a different format, you will need to convert to one of the supported formats.

I doubt that you will be able to use "Opus" in LMMS' port to MAC.
MAC do not support VST, and LMMS does not support .os-files, so that is not possible unless you can find some type of middlelayer. I have never heard of one.

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome lucaborioli !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Most sample providers use wav/flac anyways, so it's unlikely to be mp3.