Glitch - Game OST

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Hi,
Here are two little tracks I made for this game, Glitch https://mentalo-app.com/games/?game_vie ... 5dbbfd1df8

https://soundcloud.com/abstractobject/sets/glitch-ost (For some reason I couldn't use the media tag to embed the player ...)

I only used TripleOscillator synths and a few effects.
The instrumental structure is very simple, kind of a 2 voices contrepoint ...
peterrabbit wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 7:47 am
Hi,
Here are two little tracks I made for this game, Glitch https://mentalo-app.com/games/?game_vie ... 5dbbfd1df8

https://soundcloud.com/abstractobject/sets/glitch-ost (For some reason I couldn't use the media tag to embed the player ...)

I only used TripleOscillator synths and a few effects.
The instrumental structure is very simple, kind of a 2 voices contrepoint ...
Hi peterrabbit,

Well at start I just listened to the 2 tracks and it sounded dissonant. Thinking it must be related to the game ambience, I decided to test your videogame. After testing it I was thinking it's actually well suited for your video game. Coupled with the game the song atmosphere is nice. I could see the 2 endings after giving what the scientist needs. Is there more endings ? These few minutes of play were enjoyable.

PS : Not music related, but when you enter then exit the woods in the french version, the game suddenly turns into English and some objects like the battery for instance seem to reappear even when you have it in your inventory making it impossible to discard from your inventory.

Cheers,
RD
Very eery and ambient. I think I've just realized something about your music: When I just listen to it normally, for the first time, it doesn't really work for me. But in the context of the game it suddenly just clicks. And whatever I've realized about it sticks with me. I think they aren't quite "tracks", as one might call a pop song or an EDM production. They are more like ... ambiances. And combined with the vibes of that abondoned city the game starts out in, they are quite effective. There's something really absorbing in this combination.

It's an interesting little game by the way. I'm going to be playing that for a while now I think. And the pixel art is pretty.
Reiodust wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 9:34 pm
Hi peterrabbit,

Well at start I just listened to the 2 tracks and it sounded dissonant. Thinking it must be related to the game ambience, I decided to test your videogame. After testing it I was thinking it's actually well suited for your video game. Coupled with the game the song atmosphere is nice. I could see the 2 endings after giving what the scientist needs. Is there more endings ? These few minutes of play were enjoyable.

PS : Not music related, but when you enter then exit the woods in the french version, the game suddenly turns into English and some objects like the battery for instance seem to reappear even when you have it in your inventory making it impossible to discard from your inventory.

Cheers,
RD
Hi Reiodust,
Thanks for listening and playing :) !
The game has only the 2 endings you saw.
Thanks for the bug report ! I must have plugged the wrong scenes together.. I'll make an update :).
Mampfwurm wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 4:49 pm
Very eery and ambient. I think I've just realized something about your music: When I just listen to it normally, for the first time, it doesn't really work for me. But in the context of the game it suddenly just clicks. And whatever I've realized about it sticks with me. I think they aren't quite "tracks", as one might call a pop song or an EDM production. They are more like ... ambiances. And combined with the vibes of that abondoned city the game starts out in, they are quite effective. There's something really absorbing in this combination.

It's an interesting little game by the way. I'm going to be playing that for a while now I think. And the pixel art is pretty.
Thanks for your feedback Mampfwurm :)
It's true that those ambiances are quite tightly bound with the atmosphere of the game they are made for.
Enjoy playing the game !
I just listened to both of the game tracks. Nice work on both of them. They both envoke a going through a spooky castle feel to them.