Ubuntu: Cant export external arpeggiator from Carla

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi all,

Before I say anything, I love LMMS. I try other software but nothing matches the LMMS workflow for me.

Having said that, I do need to augment LMMS functionality with other things and while I can use VSTs (I'm on Ubuntu Studio so I have some limits under Wine) I find I'm mostly using Carla to add instruments. Today I managed to get LibreArp working inside Carla patchbay inside LMMS - chaining LibreArp to a sf2 - and the results sounded fantastic, far better than I can achieve with the internal arpeggiator. However, when I came to export the sounds, all that came out was the raw notes from the piano roll, although it did use.

I've had no such problem with Helm synth or DreamSequencer. Am I missing something?
First off, Welcome to the Forum DaveAmbient!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
DaveAmbient wrote:
Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:22 pm
while I can use VSTs (I'm on Ubuntu Studio so I have some limits under Wine) I find I'm mostly using Carla to add instruments. Today I managed to get LibreArp working inside Carla patchbay inside LMMS - chaining LibreArp to a sf2 - and the results sounded fantastic, far better than I can achieve with the internal arpeggiator. However, when I came to export the sounds, all that came out was the raw notes from the piano roll, although it did use LibreArp.
This is a tough problem, and one i cant fix. I dont know Ubuntu and the same goes for Carla. On top of that i have never heard of LibreArp 🥊 >smock< KO

I have added Ubuntu to the headline. I believe that you need someone with same setup to solve this one, so are you sunk..
Mostly, but not completely. What you could do, was to record the playback from LMMS with Audacity or similar software. That would be 'ok' for upload on soMe, where the quality is reduced to MP3.
For a Master wave-file, it would be inferior, but -sorry, that is the best i can think of
Maybe this forum can help you.

There is a more knowledge of Linux and Carla there:
Most there don't use LMMS though, but some do.

https://linuxmusicians.com/index.php

I am however not sure, if what your trying to do is tested with LMMS and Carla.

Maybe we need Falk Tx to read this forum ? :)
Thank you both for having a look. I realise I'm pushing LMMS beyond its limits and LMMS may not be the right software for what I want to do, but I enjoy using it so much.

I'll try asking in the forum you've recommended and see if they can help.
Mostly, but not completely. What you could do, was to record the playback from LMMS with Audacity or similar software. That would be 'ok' for upload on soMe, where the quality is reduced to MP3.
For a Master wave-file, it would be inferior, but -sorry, that is the best i can think of
Sorry I missed this bit. I hadn't thought of this. This might just about do the job. The output will be mostly used for background music in blog-type videos so MP3 quality should be good enough. This could be a good fallback position if I can't get Carla to do it.

Thanks!