Ubuntu-22 : LMMS-1.3 won't launch

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I recently built LMMS-master from Source Code and it just won't launch.

I followed the same steps I've been doing for years. I launched from the terminal and got this:

Notice: could not set realtime priority"
VST sync support disabled in your configuration
No more csLADSPA plugins
lmms: vendor/freeverb/revmodel.cpp:40: void revmodel::serrate(int): Assertion 'rate <= TUNING_MAX_SAMPLE_RATE' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

Another thing is that it keeps telling about winecgg
Xeno Idaltu wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:54 pm
I recently built LMMS-master from Source Code and it just won't launch.

I followed the same steps I've been doing for years. I launcher from the terminal and got this:

Notice: could not set realtime priority"
No more csLADSPA plugins
lmms: vendor/freeverb/revmodel.cpp:40: void revmodel::serrate(int): Assertion 'rate <= TUNING_MAX_SAMPLE_RATE' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

Another thing is that it keeps telling about winecgg
How does your cMake look like
Looks like you do not include LADSPA, and WINE also has problems.
Must admit i have only compiled & build on MINT, but if your distro is similar, i have both a tutorial

And cMAKE-scripts that does work. They are on PasteBin and is linked in the tutorial.
If your distro is different from MINT, or my stuf dont work, then i think the best thing is to ask in Developer-casual/ Dev-support
https://discord.com/channels/2035592367 ... 9228207114
LMMS-git needs to update the dependencies needed for Ubuntu-22. Some are no longer found.
CMake Warning at plugins/VstBase/RemoteVstPlugin32.cmake:54 (MESSAGE):
winegcc fails to complie 32-bit binaries, please make sure you have 32-bit
GCC libraries
Call Stack (most recent call first):
plugins/VstBase/CMakeLists.txt:51 (INCLUDE)

I get the above message but it's impossible to fix it because I can only install libwine-dev (64 or 32 bit)
Steps I did:
$ git clone --recursive https://github.com/LMMS/lmms.git
$ cd lmms
$ git checkout stable-1.2
$ git remote update
$ git pull
$ git submodule update --init --recursive

$ mkdir build
$ cd build
$ cmake ..
$ make
$ sudo make install

###
I also used Master and LoopMarkers2 branch

The binaries successfully build they just won't launch.

I always get the same annoying output:
Notice: could not set realtime priority.
no more csLADSPA plugins
lmms: vendor/freeverb/revmodel.cpp:40: void revmodel::setrate(int): Assertion `rate <= TUNING_MAX_SAMPLE_RATE' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

When I launch the appimage version I get this output:
Carla appears to be installed on this system at /usr/lib[64]/carla so we'll use it.
Jack appears to be installed on this system, so we'll use it.
Notice: could not set realtime priority.
Lv2 plugin SUMMARY: 455 of 651 loaded in 2506 msecs.
For details about not loaded plugins, please set
environment variable "LMMS_LV2_DEBUG" to nonempty.
Lv2 Plugins blacklisted: 10 of 651
If you want to ignore the blacklist (dangerous!), please set
environment variable "LMMS_IGNORE_BLACKLIST" to nonempty.
"Cannot load library /usr/lib/ladspa/autotalent.so: (/usr/lib/ladspa/autotalent.so: undefined symbol: __exp_finite)"
no more csLADSPA plugins

This is telling me the problem might be:
lmms: vendor/freeverb/revmodel.cpp:40: void revmodel::setrate(int): Assertion `rate <= TUNING_MAX_SAMPLE_RATE' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)
Xeno Idaltu wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:16 pm
CMake Warning at plugins/VstBase/RemoteVstPlugin32.cmake:54 (MESSAGE):
winegcc fails to complie 32-bit binaries, please make sure you have 32-bit
GCC libraries
Call Stack (most recent call first):
plugins/VstBase/CMakeLists.txt:51 (INCLUDE)
I get the above message but it's impossible to fix it because I can only install libwine-dev (64 or 32 bit)
Must definitively be 64 bit
32 is not supported in LINUX any longer, it it 'possible' but downgrading installed dependencies is needed. I do hope you have a 64 bit system..???

You also wrote
I cant assist for Ubuntu-22, i know squat. I will update your thread, but you should go to DEV-pages with the link i gave you above. Do that please
Ubuntu-22.04 came out this April, which is the first version based on Debian Bookworm. Ubuntu-20.04 to Ubuntu-21.10 were based on Debian Bullseye.

Your video was uploaded on March, 2022, probably using Linux Mint based on Debian Bullseye.

I did your process and errors were given:
1) Package libsdl-dev is a virtual package provided by:
libsdl1.2-dev
libsdl1.2-compat-dev
# We can only choose one package.

2) libwine-dev and libwine-dev:i386 can't be installed side by side because they conflict each other.

3) KxStudio haaven't updated their repos for Jammy. We need to install them manually from their PPA.

Even if I install packages from KX-Studio, I highly doubt it will fix my issue. I've built different branches and commits. Some built with success but won't launch.
I used pkgs.org and noticed Garuda-Linux has an LMMS-1.3 binary. I downloaded and converted it to deb. It worked but
because Garuda is Rolling Release, it will crash when opening certain files that were built with more recent updated versions.

I don'y know what might be the problem. I noticed Debian based repos don't come with libpng12, which is inside LMMS-appimage and in Arch/Fedora repos. Debian SID recently uploaded a package named libpng12-0-udeb, so maybe this is one of the problems..maybe
Xeno Idaltu wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:25 pm
Your video was uploaded on March, 2022, probably using Linux Mint based on Debian Bullseye.
But my virtual box and MINT was created/ installed in 2020. : )
Goto LMMS-DEV!