Ok,, OKAYYY, I admit it, I like Arpeggios (headphones !)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
Yeah, I made a ton of stereo effects so, please, good headphones are advised.

>>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q25ogVMUQ0

note : some transitions are not perfect, but my PC is 10 years old and struggles with long tunes, so I make different bits and then "glue" them in audacity. This is also because of my creative process where I take new routes and it's a mess between files and I'm not so proficient in LMMS that people think.

note 2 : voices are not real (did not have to torture someone in the basement to get them), just created with ChoirZ and added effects. Was a long trials-errors process to get them enough right
An arpeggio track? It sounds really nice.
Thank you !

That's strange : I tested for the first time this song with my speakers yesterday and it's "meh" (not juicy) compared to what I hear in a good pair of sony headphones. I don't get what I should change. I also think the battery is too loud as well, out of my headphones (for mine, it's ok). I have issues to test that, because I came to a point where I have to render the mp3 to know if it's ok or not. There are too many vsts and tracks for my computer to render live the changes, thus pain in the ass adjustments of compression and equalizer.
Being partially a chiptune composer, I can say I quite like arpeggios as well. I didn't immediately notice the stereo stuff, some of it is so fast and/or subtle it just flies right over your head. But of course a lack of concious perception doesn't take away from the subconcious effects it has. And it definitely feels like there is a lot of motion in the sound as a result.
newtoon wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 1:35 pm
note : some transitions are not perfect, but my PC is 10 years old and struggles with long tunes, so I make different bits and then "glue" them in audacity. This is also because of my creative process where I take new routes and it's a mess between files and I'm not so proficient in LMMS that people think.
I'm assuming that is to blame for the somewhat unexpected transistion at 1:12 onwards? Other than that it feels like a pretty nice musical journey, didn't notice anything to sudden or jumpy in terms of transistions. Besides that I would suggest working on your workflow, but then I know from personal experience how messy things can get sometimes when one is full of all kinds of ideas. Personally I have a special muted "sketch" track (usually just with a default piano instrument or something like that), which I use to sketch out melodies, harmonies, etc. It can also be used as a kind of storage - when an idea doesn't work, instead of deleting it, it just gets moved there.
newtoon wrote:
Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:57 pm
That's strange : I tested for the first time this song with my speakers yesterday and it's "meh" (not juicy) compared to what I hear in a good pair of sony headphones. I don't get what I should change. I also think the battery is too loud as well, out of my headphones (for mine, it's ok). I have issues to test that, because I came to a point where I have to render the mp3 to know if it's ok or not. There are too many vsts and tracks for my computer to render live the changes, thus pain in the ass adjustments of compression and equalizer.
Maybe your speakers aren't quite as good as your headphones? But either way keep in mind, that few, infact almost none of the typical commercial audio products are going to be of "studio quality" - meaning capable of accurate sound reproduction. They will all have their own character coming from their individual strong and weakpoints. So maybe you perfected the sound based on how everything sounded on your headphones, but every other device, like your speakers, is going to be different. This is why it pays to have "proper" equipment designed to deliver accurate sound on the whole frequency range. A track mixed and mastered on them will then always sound more or less accurate on equipment of lesser quality. Most consumer electronics are designed for playback, not music production - and often, not even playback of particularly high quality.

To keep me from sounding like a gatekeeping snob I'm just quickly going to admit that I don't have any special equipment in use myself, I rely solely on the internal soundcard of my laptop and the Sennheiser HD 100 (approximately 50 $ headphones). Because studio stuff is damn expensive of course.
Thanks for all the details in the way you work.

I also decided to put it on Vimeo for better sound quality >>> https://vimeo.com/724869614