Plugin that can use samples without time stretch

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
I haven't used LMMS in a while, I just redownloaded it on my new PC. I noticed that samples are annoying to use, as AudioFileProcessor automatically lengthens or shortens the sample length relative to its pitch. With this, a high note will be much shorter in length than a low note. There is no way to disable this feature, as far as I can tell.
I'm looking for a free VST plugin that can use samples without changing the sample's length. Thanks! :)
LiterallySomeOne wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:15 am
I haven't used LMMS in a while, I just redownloaded it on my new PC. I noticed that samples are annoying to use, as AudioFileProcessor automatically lengthens or shortens the sample length relative to its pitch. With this, a high note will be much shorter in length than a low note. There is no way to disable this feature, as far as I can tell.
I'm looking for a free VST plugin that can use samples without changing the sample's length. Thanks! :)
No, AudioFileProcessor is meant for playing a Sample, exactly as the sample was recorded, you need to leave the Base-note at its default position, and any replay should be made with a note on that same note-position -eg A4.
Only that usage of AudioFileProcessor will result in correct replay of the sample.
(You can achieve highly interesting effects sounds with other settings, but that is not what this is about)
No what you are looking for is a Sampler, and even better a Re-sampler
If you use Linux, you can install Linux-sampler.
Windows is more tricky. Atm afaik only the Pad-emulator Sitala is available.
Watch:

A Resampler does not exist! at least not as free-ware.
I am not sure a soft-re-sampler can be found at all(?)
If anyone knows about a soft-re-sampler, let us know!

More about usage of AFP:
musikbear wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:37 pm
LiterallySomeOne wrote:
Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:15 am
No, AudioFileProcessor is meant for playing a Sample, exactly as the sample was recorded, you need to leave the Base-note at its default position, and any replay should be made with a note on that same note-position -eg A4.
Only that usage of AudioFileProcessor will result in correct replay of the sample.
(You can achieve highly interesting effects sounds with other settings, but that is not what this is about)
No what you are looking for is a Sampler, and even better a Re-sampler
If you use Linux, you can install Linux-sampler.
Windows is more tricky. Atm afaik only the Pad-emulator Sitala is available.
Watch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0cNNL3kgHo&

A Resampler does not exist! at least not as free-ware.
I am not sure a soft-re-sampler can be found at all(?)
If anyone knows about a soft-re-sampler, let us know!

More about usage of AFP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKE_TvklKq0&
Thanks!