Is there a way to select vst channels in another track ?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Is there a way to select vst channels in another track ? Like the Midiout?
I loaded a vst, it has 16 channels, but I can't select patches by default VeSTige.
I want to load another vst that can select the original vst channel and patches, how to do it?
xk_music wrote:
Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:25 pm
Is there a way to select vst channels in another track ? Like the Midiout?
I loaded a vst, it has 16 channels, but I can't select patches by default VeSTige.
I want to load another vst that can select the original vst channel and patches, how to do it?
No you cant use one Vst to control an other Vst,
Midi signal-usage is not at all good in LMMS yet..
However:
I can't select patches by default VeSTige.
Why not?
you cán use automation and switch track on/off, somehow i think your needs would be covered with that. If not you need to explain more details
Thank you very much, If I can find a vst that can load another vst, just like the sf2 player, is there a such vst?
xk_music wrote:
Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:36 am
Thank you very much, If I can find a vst that can load another vst, just like the sf2 player, is there a such vst?
Yes. Carla and iirc Patchbay and i believe one is named Function, they are 'containers' for VST. It is 'possible' to run Lvl2 plugins and VST3 inside these containers.
The issue can be high CPU load and also latency issues.
I have never tried to use any of these, simply because they has installers that bites deeply inside the OS. I dont like that :p
I use Element by Kushview. It's pretty good for VST3s but tends to break with some VSTs. It's open source
Edit: I said "pretty good for VST3s". Three of my VST3s, which I have alternate VST2 versions of, don't work in 0.41.1, but ArcTrax, the only one I'm worried it should work, works ok. Sorry for bad info
Monospace wrote:
Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:07 am
I use Element by Kushview. It's pretty good for VST3s but tends to break with some VSTs. It's open source
Yes, that one as well! 👍
Does it take a lot of resources?
How may can you load before it get cluncky?
Hmm, good question, musikbear. Wish I could answer that.

I'm not sure, since I have only one VST3 that WORKS with Element (I have 4 or 5 total, and one or two I think might be broken), and I don't like using multiple instances of VST Hosts within LMMS's VST shell.
It has a maximum limit of 6 or 8 or something parameters you can pass, to the automatable dial array in LMMS, though. The interface is a bit confusing to set up.

It also has a VST-categorizer on the right, so if the VST has the appropriate tag it sorts it into that subcategory.
I think whether or not plugin works, may be based on 64-bit or 32-bit.
But the one VST3 it works for, is the only one I don't have an equivalent VST2 for, so I'm happy either way.
I realize I may have been factually wrong about saying it's "good for VST3"- my mistake. Sorry.

The recent binaries are paid to download, but there are a few free binaries.
The model is essentially: Free and open source code, pay to download installers (like Ardour), but binaries of older versions are available for free. Just that the pre-built binaries are always a few versions behind, so we hope you're ok with that. Perhaps my issue of many plugins not working, is limited to 0.41.1 and not the latest 0.46.6 release?
The latest release whose binary is freely downloadable, is 0.41.1 from more than a year and a half ago. Hopefully they release another free binary soon... wouldn't place my money on it though. We'll see.
Ok, thatta way. Lets hope Dom cuts through the vst3 mist, and get support in lmms. There may also appear some libraries for vst3-support from some gitHub-project, that can be winged. Atm i am not going into vst3. I have yet to see a vst3 that can do something that i dearly miss.. Resampling would be the holy grael -It would be sooo much fun!
Thank you all, I tried many times, but it's too hard for me. I don't know how to get carla's UI and can't find other program.