A little problem ,I just want to know why it takes much time

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
A little problem ,I just want to know why it takes much time to start up. When I use 1.2 version , it start up quickly, just few seconds. But when I double click 1.3 version, It takes about 2 minutes until UI appear. I use only very low hardware configuration, maybe you don't have this problem, I just want to know why new version starts up take more time.
When you switch between versions, it takes a bit more time, but after you open it once, when opening a second time consecutively it takes lesser time. This is because opening LMMS checks the configuration files, and since different versions of LMMS have different formats for the configuration, each time you open a version of LMMS different from what you opened the last time, it rewrites the configuration file.
However, even I have noticed that on average my 1.3 takes considerably longer than 1.2 to startup.
So I checked with LMMS 0.4 which I also have... the first time obviously it takes extra time to rewrite config files, but after that it takes barely a second. Much faster than 1.2.0.
So I'd guess this may be due to new features?
Everytime, I start LMMS1.3 take me 2 minutes to wait for UI,but I tried 1.2 version, only few seconds. I ruled out the problem of installing too much vst plugins. But when UI comes, the speed of manipulation is fast as usual.
Problem solved, thank you all! It's just a setting issue.
OP How did you solve the problem? Please explain. I want to check for myself too.
Monospace wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 12:08 pm
OP How did you solve the problem? Please explain. I want to check for myself too.
finally, I set a different folder instead the deafult vst folder and make sure the FX plugins in your custom folder.
xk_music wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:31 am
finally, I set a different folder instead the deafult vst folder and make sure the FX plugins in your custom folder.
Interesting. I wouldn't expect that to work. Gotcha.
Good afternoon guys. I found a cool Diablo 4 level boosting service that helps you get various achievements in games. I want to use it, but I don’t know if it’s worth it. Are there any recommendations? Check it please https://combatboost.com/product/diablo- ... -leveling/