New Book idea on LMMS

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
musikbear wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:47 pm
colouredstrut wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 5:59 pm
NOVAVA wrote:
Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:59 pm
POSITIVELY NO FLAMEWAR!
Stop it right now!
Thank you.
This isn't a "flamewar". I would describe a "flamewar" as a quarrel between at least two actual, genuine users. In our specific case, one user is just some troll from a troll farm who only joined the forum just to spread spam. These people are not actual users, they are low-wage scam artists. The troll/spam industry is a big and dirty business. Why should we tolerate obvious criminals, who only come to sh!t up the entire forum?!?
NOVAVA wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:02 pm
This isn't a "flamewar". I would describe a "flamewar" as a quarrel between at least two actual, genuine users. In our specific case, one user is just some troll from a troll farm who only joined the forum just to spread spam. These people are not actual users, they are low-wage scam artists. The troll/spam industry is a big and dirty business. Why should we tolerate obvious criminals, who only come to sh!t up the entire forum?!?
We shouldn't (tolerate 'obvious criminals, who only come to sh!t up the entire forum'), Novava. However, responding to them with what appears to be annoyance in text is hardly the best way to react. Give it a bit. We may agree that trolling/spamming is bad, but this is a one-off incident on the user's part. In my opinion, the escalation was a bit faster than ideal, on all parts. On the LMMS forums, our most problematic sort of useless user is the kind who advertises with links. Our reaction to that, is to report. Or leave it unreported, musikbear checks the posts anyways.
This was a one-off incident on a user, who just made a comment that is illogical. While I absolutely agree, in cases like these, I prefer the idea of watching any other posts the user makes to ensure they are genuine.
I don't know how to feel about any post being highlighted as useless this sharply. I agree with you, but not with your approach.
Requesting you to, instead of reacting passive-aggressively (or completely acidic, in any case, for future users with any 'ideas'), look at incoherency on more unique bases. The post you chose to flag, was longer than a sentence or two, still prompted a reply on help, and didn't talk about something ENTIRELY different from the first post (I've seen spam that spoke about amt multiplicator controlling the amount of water in a pipe.).
Monospace wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:04 am
On the LMMS forums, our most problematic sort of useless user is the kind who advertises with links.
But this is exactly what happened! colouredstrut edited his weird post 1 day afterwards and inserted a link to some scam, but the mods only removed the link but didn't ban this troll. This is why I am so mad!
NOVAVA wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:08 pm
Monospace wrote:
On the LMMS forums, our most problematic sort of useless user is the kind who advertises with links.
But this is exactly what happened! colouredstrut edited his weird post 1 day afterwards and inserted a link to some scam, but the mods only removed the link but didn't ban this troll. This is why I am so mad!
I didn't know//notice that. Not the mods.... I am pretty sure musikbear is the almost the primary mod here, since he's the most active. Cut them some slack. But yes, in that case...
I suppose we do need more active and alert moderators. Agreed with you. Did not know that before, thanks for bringing it to my notice. But still, I don't advocate annoyance as a powerful tool.
I believe, to apply for moderator, one would need to ask on the discord? Not sure.
Monospace wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:17 pm
NOVAVA wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:08 pm
Monospace wrote:
I didn't know//notice that. Not the mods.... I am pretty sure musikbear is the almost the primary mod here, since he's the most active. Cut them some slack. But yes, in that case...
I suppose we do need more active and alert moderators. Agreed with you. Did not know that before, thanks for bringing it to my notice. But still, I don't advocate annoyance as a powerful tool.
I believe, to apply for moderator, one would need to ask on the discord? Not sure.
Yeah, you are probably right... I think I need to touch some grass more often. 😬
Hey, i run the LMMS Opus youtube channel and have passed this message onto our discord. i'll let you know if anyone has anything to say :)
Ninjastoppel wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:12 am
Hey, i run the LMMS Opus youtube channel and have passed this message onto our discord. i'll let you know if anyone has anything to say :)
I sincerely hope NOT 🙄 That was spam and is removed.
Es*ay-writing 'services' are among the most common spammers of all, next to gam*ling
The should NEVER be responded to.
Click the Report next time!
Thank you
Thanks a lot for help! As an avid SEO enthusiast, I'm always on the lookout for in-depth analysis of different SEO software https://top10seosoftware.com/searchmetrics-review/. This review provided valuable insights into the features, functionality, and overall performance of Searchmetrics. It's great to see the pros and cons laid out clearly, helping me make an informed decision about whether it's the right fit for my SEO needs. The comparison to other SEO tools is particularly useful in understanding its unique selling points. Thanks for sharing this informative review, it has definitely expanded my knowledge and helped me narrow down my options.