directory problem

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi

I wonder whether you could help me

The OS is Windows 10.

For a while I used LMMS Portable.

I’ve Uninstalled it, I’ve cleaned the PC with Ccleaner and BleachBit, I’ve searched for and eliminated anything related to LMMS’ old installation, restarted the computer (plenty of times) etc etc.

I’ve installed LMMS’ latest desktop version.

VirusTotal says my copy of LMMS Desktop is OK. I’ve scanned the computer with all sorts of apps, and all is clean.

No matter what I do, it keeps on using the old directories (which, by the way, no longer exist – I’ve also searched with “Advanced Options” >> “File Contents”).

Do I need to create new folder(s) manually?? Where (in LMMS’ C-drive folder) should I place such folder(s)??

In advance, thank you very much for your kind help

Christian
Christian.LMMS wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:04 pm
Hi

I wonder whether you could help me

The OS is Windows 10.

For a while I used LMMS Portable.

I’ve Uninstalled it, I’ve cleaned the PC with Ccleaner and BleachBit, I’ve searched for and eliminated anything related to LMMS’ old installation, restarted the computer (plenty of times) etc etc.

I’ve installed LMMS’ latest desktop version.

VirusTotal says my copy of LMMS Desktop is OK. I’ve scanned the computer with all sorts of apps, and all is clean.

No matter what I do, it keeps on using the old directories (which, by the way, no longer exist – I’ve also searched with “Advanced Options” >> “File Contents”).

Do I need to create new folder(s) manually?? Where (in LMMS’ C-drive folder) should I place such folder(s)??

In advance, thank you very much for your kind help

Christian
You should have the file-structure that is defined in your Settings(?)
A reason for a discrepancy would be that your old dot-file still exists(?)
The file in question is in
C:\Users\<Username>\
There you may have the dot-config file: .lmmsrc.xml
If it still exists, Move it to a different folder.
But with that cleanup you have done, it would be weird
Let us know the outcome :) If you still have the dotfile this strange issue would be fixed
@ musicbear

Solved (fingers crossed) thanks to your great advice. Thank you VERY much!!