Spitfire Audio LABS - any luck in LMMS?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I downloaded LABS by Spitfire Audio, and while I can get the plugin to load via VeSTige with no trouble it will kick out errors about not being able to find the sample packs, while loading with Carla doesn't give me the GUI for the plugin at all. For example:

Code: Select all

ERROR #1 Something went wrong "Labs": failed to load patch : C:\user\lumbergh\Spitfire\Spitfire Audio - LABS\Patches\LABS Frozen Strings...
A button appears in this error window saying "Let's fix it" but the button doesn't do anything when I click.
I've tried messing with the settings but still can't seem to get it to find the sample packs, has anyone else had success?
Any pointers are appreciated. OS is Debian 10 with wine-staging 5.13.
Does anyone have any experience with this that help me get it running?
Any help is much appreciated.
Mr. Lumbergh wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 2:51 am
Does anyone have any experience with this that help me get it running?
Any help is much appreciated.
Just noticed this - after a week doing other things. Not sure I can help, though I have LABs and Discover running in other DAWs.

What machine(s) are you running on?
dave2002-lmms wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:47 am
What machine(s) are you running on?
He is on linux.
LABS is a special VST. It is a type of 'player', so the issues can be multitude.
It is not enough to be able to load the vst 'LABS' -After that has been done, the next issue is to load patches.
if any useful troubleshooting with LABS should be successful, That should be limited to only one specific patch. Being told that someone can run LABS is worthless, unless we can add the patch that is known to be useable.
I will try and see if the first part of this, witch ofcause is running LABS in lmms, can be achieved, but if it is vst3, then atm it is a nogo.
I am having problems with Spitfire Audio LABS patches as well. It seems to be random whether or not I can switch from one patch to another. I was able to get a couple of the patches to work with no trouble, but when I click on most of the other ones, it just stays on the patch I had already been using.

I didn't make a list, but I know that I was able to get the Music Box and the Hammered Dulcimer to work, possibly one or two others as well. I didn't download all 30 of the patches, only about 7 of them.

Also, the GUI is huge on my screen. I can't see any other part of LMMS while the GUI is loaded.

The instruments themselves sound good, it's just so difficult to use.

One last thing that I'll mention, while I got the Hammered Dulcimer to work, it only played one of the lines of music in the MIDI. (I wrote the song on the piano, so multiple notes are sounding at the same time, however, only one voice is sounding at a time.) I'm sure that I can resolve this by separating the staves into multiple MIDI channels, but it is something to keep in mind that this VST does, at least with this particular patch.

I assume that other VSTs do not do this, however, I have only ever used Soundfonts in LMMS before today. I'm trying to use some additional instruments that I can't get as Soundfonts, and I thought that LABS would be a good option. Perhaps they will come out with a fix for this soon.
susannah wrote:
Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:39 pm
I am having problems with Spitfire Audio LABS patches as well.
I think LABS is one we should avoid using in lmms atm. There are really no reason to use a plugin that has eradicative behaviour. There are literary 1000' of VST2-plugins that can be used with no issues at all.
We may be able to make LABS useable in a later release, but right now, it is not useable/ trustworthy.

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome susannah !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
can't someone just contact Spitfire Audio LABS and tell them about it? They might agree to help on their side, and we might get a solution, but I'm just a LMMS user, maybe i shouldn't even intervene...
How does trying to fix it work with VST No Embedding?