Can't figure out how to program a swing beat

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Thanks for the video, Musikbear! That was INCREDIBLY helpful. I've played jazz music IRL plenty of times but for some reason it never clicked how to do it in a digital space.

SpinEternal, I've never used a drum kit VST before. I always just used samples and synths in the beat/bassline editor. I'll give the mt powerdrumkit a shot, though. Is it possible to use an electronic drum kit as a midi controller?
Gps wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:50 pm
They unlike LMMS always have a bit of randomness to the sound and timing. Probably because of hardware limitations.
This is near to impossible to recreate in LMMS.
Not at all
In fact that is what my two humanizer features do -They was not added to codebase, but you can do it manually.
Tiny changes in velocity will give that randomish feeling.
My code was rejected because it does not setup percentage options for the humanization, witch is the highend option, however lmms architecture does not allow that (the 1/192 limitation) so ..
But percentage variation is what it ..should be, so architecture possible changes are not sufficient, same for strumming actually
Here is more info on a swingbeat in jazz.

https://www.thejazzpianosite.com/jazz-p ... -straight/

To do this in lmms, you need to go to the piano roll directly or through the BBE like musikbear showed us. :)