Just for the challenge (and work boredom)

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
So, the challenge this time was to make a tune on my old very standard laptop. Ok, so, no RAM sucking Vital here, mostly using one or two Firebird VST (one of my favorites) and perhaps a dzchoir. I have used no fancy external VST effect ; just a bunch of what is in LMMS by default

I was doing that between some work I had to do on my laptop, so LmmS crashed a lot for no reason and I gave up for the moment to carry on this tune. I post it as an experiment of what can be done with almost nothing (I mean, my laptop struggles with windows so, imagine with LMMS) :D .

>>>> https://audiomack.com/newtoon-1/song/stargate-v10-1
These are really cool sounds! If I work in LMMS, even with VSTs, I often cannot produce such effects. It's rather challenging. It's amazing that you can produce such sounds, even without external VSTs. I don't know how you did it. Often everything for me sounds woefully simple and basic as far as sound design and layering is concerned... It's hard [:
I've never heard of dzchoir vst. Can you link me?
Nice, nice.
I love the sounds and effects used in your tracks. They always sound cool.
Thanks for both of you for the compliment on the sounds.

Actually, my strategy is often to make a good sound and then use it in a tune / melody and not the other way around.

The fun part in this tune is that since it uses mainly Firebird and all the effects of LMMS, I could theoretically share all the files if you want to know how it's done (you just need to have installed Firebird as a VSTI) :D
newtoon wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:27 pm
So, the challenge this time was to make a tune on my old very standard laptop. Ok, so, no RAM sucking Vital here, mostly using one or two Firebird VST (one of my favorites) and perhaps a dzchoir. I have used no fancy external VST effect ; just a bunch of what is in LMMS by default

I was doing that between some work I had to do on my laptop, so LmmS crashed a lot for no reason and I gave up for the moment to carry on this tune. I post it as an experiment of what can be done with almost nothing (I mean, my laptop struggles with windows so, imagine with LMMS) :D .

>>>> https://audiomack.com/newtoon-1/song/stargate-v10-1
I liked it, great music for games, I can imagine it in an adventure game, good job