How to set loop points LMMS 1.3 alpha

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
I am having trouble to set loop points.

If there a bug or has something changed?
Gps wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 11:38 am
I am having trouble to set loop points.

If there a bug or has something changed?
Both points are set by right click now. Whichever loop point is closer to location of mouse, is moved. This was after it was realised many laptop users don't have middle mouse button (MMB). There have been discussions about using two separate shortcuts, perhaps using Shift hotkey for one of them, for both loop points, but so far it remains LMB.
I just did a test, using the rmb twice does not work me. (Linux)

What however does, right mouse button to set the end of the loop, then shift + rmb for the starting point.

BUT:
I also just learned it matters were I click in the loop area.

At least my problem is solved, I can set loop points again. Thank you. :)
Gps wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:31 pm
I just did a test, using the rmb twice does not work me. (Linux)

What however does, right mouse button to set the end of the loop, then shift + rmb for the starting point.

BUT:
I also just learned it matters were I click in the loop area.

At least my problem is solved, I can set loop points again. Thank you. :)
Oh right, Linux! I think... I'll have to look into it [: but possibly put there?
Thanks for telling what works.
What totally confused me that it matters were you click.

Depending on were I click while holding the shift key, the start point gets set.

I might try to make a vid to show what I mean. Not sure I can explain it in words. :)
I just installed simple screen recorder and started LMMS.

Now I am really confused, because clicking the right mouse button does set the loop points.

User error or voodoo magic ? WTF ?

I need to do some testing over here. Yesterday I had my midi keyboard connected, and that was when I could not set loop points. Lets hope is was just a user error.

It must be voodoo magic though, when I wanted to record it, it went away. :lol:
Gps wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 7:16 pm
User error or voodoo magic ? WTF ?
Neither, but no less than the single most botched feature-usage in all of lmms ☹
It is horrid!
Having to scroll to either end of the bar for setting a short bar is just bAAd
Ofcause we need loop-point setting with fixed keypresses, so left LP always is set with one key-combo, and the same for right-LP.
Any kind of Loop-pointing depending on where a click is made, is bad design!
The reason afaiu is the difference between MAC-keys and Windows-keys.
Ok, so be it, but then a better option would be a MAC only solution and something else with unique keys for win and linux.
(Remember this oldie:

That kind of worked
Thank you, so its not me, and yes I do not think its very intuitive that it matters were you click. :)

Why not use these [ ] keys, to set the start and endpoint? Just a thought.

I am quite happy with 1.3 beta though, the start of LV2 support, and some more new features I still need to figure out.
Like the two buttons for recording midi data. It does work, but I do not yet fully understand the difference.

I do like how you can set the scale by just selecting it from a menu. :)
Thanks for the video. You made my day.