Artifact in exported audio that I can't fix

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
This is progressively becoming more annoying every time it happens, and I'm never 100% sure on why.

This happens exclusively with ZynAddSubFX.
Sometimes when I export a track I am working on that includes ZASFX instruments, the ZASFX control panel will pop up mid-export. I have forgotten to close the panels on more than one occasion, too.

Either way, it leads to a very artifact that I have no idea how to fix.
When it happens, it's there for good.
I have tried all kinds of methods to fix this and nothing works.

Here is an example of that artifact from my latest track

This is what it should sound like (recorded using Audacity)

This is how it exports from LMMS

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated as I am stumped and mildly infuriated.
RockRedemption wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:25 pm
This is progressively becoming more annoying every time it happens, and I'm never 100% sure on why.

Sometimes when I export a track I am working on that includes ZASFX instruments, the ZASFX control panel will pop up mid-export. I have forgotten to close the panels on more than one occasion, too.

I have never seen that happen!?
What OS?
What LMMS vers?
anywitch, it should be easy enough to avoid.
When you want to export, save your project first 🙄 -Then click new-project, that will shut down absolutely everything of the project you want to export.
Then use the Latest-open button,
and reopen the saved project you meant to export, it will be the one on top of the list. Export without opening any instruments.
If you then have zynAddSubFX sub-UI that opens, and results in artefacts -let us know..
musikbear wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:58 pm
RockRedemption wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 2:25 pm

I have never seen that happen!?
What OS?
What LMMS vers?
anywitch, it should be easy enough to avoid.
When you want to export, save your project first 🙄 -Then click new-project, that will shut down absolutely everything of the project you want to export.
Then use the Latest-open button,
and reopen the saved project you meant to export, it will be the one on top of the list. Export without opening any instruments.
If you then have zynAddSubFX sub-UI that opens, and results in artefacts -let us know..
No ZASFX UI opened on export, but the artifact persists.

Also to answer your other questionj
Windows 10 64-Bit v21H2 Build 19044.1889
LMMS v1.3.0-Alpha.1.102+g89fc6c960
Even weirder, I re-exported it earlier today and it sounds fine.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????
RockRedemption wrote:
Wed Aug 24, 2022 5:32 am
Even weirder, I re-exported it earlier today and it sounds fine.

???????????????????????????????????????????????????
Odd, but it seams you have a random occurring fail. In that case its always a good idea to cold-boot your system.
https://www.techopedia.com/definition/3332/cold-boot
That would give you the best clean system for exporting
Alllllllright this rabbit hole just went deeper today.
Had the artifact happen again, this time on a BRAND NEW PROJECT FILE.
And NO POPUP from ZASFX.

I should also mention I am using the 64-Bit version of the Nightly build.
RockRedemption wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:10 pm
And NO POPUP from ZASFX.

An issue like this is the worst kind, it could be totally random, and connected to a HW component or driver fail, or be related to an other program/ game.
If you manage to get it working again, then you should keep a sickly precise journal for absolutely everything you do on your pc, then you may be able to understand the issue, but its no given thing...
Perchance are you using any external echo/delay VST effects for this section?
musikbear wrote:
Mon Sep 12, 2022 4:01 pm
RockRedemption wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:10 pm
And NO POPUP from ZASFX.

An issue like this is the worst kind, it could be totally random, and connected to a HW component or driver fail, or be related to an other program/ game.
If you manage to get it working again, then you should keep a sickly precise journal for absolutely everything you do on your pc, then you may be able to understand the issue, but its no given thing...
If a random, unrelated change to any one part of my PC's data or hardware could cause such a strange malfunction, that raises incalculable questions.

Besides, it seems like this is an exceedingly rare error very little rhyme or reason as to when it crops up.
The only thing I can assume is it's some kind of weird error within either ZASFX or LMMS itself, but again that's a strong assume.
I've occasionally had strange clicks come from LMMS-Equalizer effect on kick.
Do check your LMMS-ZASFX settings? Though I've no idea what you're looking for. (I notice my OscilSize is 1024, and I have no idea what that means.
Hmm. That sounds familiar though. The artefact.
I hear this odd analogue noise when I'm trying to load a large project with lots of VSTs. It sounds sort of similar. Can you check if it's similar sort of noise?
Can you isolate the noise? If your Audacity recorded computer audio directly instead of through a microphone (I don't know how it's possible but if), then using your Audacity recorded and Export, place them in Audacity on separate tracks and ensure time is perfectly aligned. Then make sure they're both at approximately the same volume. Then phase-invert the Audacity recorded one. And play.
You may need to align timing and volume a little more, but eventually you could be able to isolate the noise in theory... Check it out?
Then compare it to the noise of loading a large project with several VSTs/SF2s.