What zodiac sign are most musicians?

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I noticed that quite a few artists (singers, actors, painters) were born under the sign of Gemini and Libra. Which zodiac sign do you think is the most artistic or musically inclined? And what is your zodiac sign? :D

I am Aquarius sun, Gemini moon, and Pisces ascendant!
Interesting. I'd be more interested in finding the reasons for the pattern.
Taurus zodiac sign.

But I seriously doubt there is any connection.
Monospace wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:10 pm
That one is easy: Random.
Zodiac-signs has just about the same influence on creativity as the number of birds on the roof of the clinic where you were born ...
musikbear wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:32 pm
Monospace wrote:
Zodiac-signs has just about the same influence on creativity as the number of birds on the roof of the clinic where you were born ...
Ah, no, there's usually some interesting correlation.

I can imagine, for example, that children in more green countries have more birds on the roof of the clinic. I can imagine that the lesser the birds, the worse off your air might be, and who knows what that does for your creativity? Any correlation can be found. The question really is just how accurate it is or whether you're mistaking it for something else.

A good example is, if a muslim family is having a child, and if the child is born in a certain month, there is actually some amount of correlation between birth month and chance of the child to grow up with a chronic weakness.
(This is because a sizeable proportion of muslim women hold the Ramzan fast even when pregnant, and because Ramzan is in a specific month there is a higher chance of the child having a propensity for nutritional deficiency if the fast is conducted when the baby needs proper nutrition, and this effect leads to a measurable result on your correlation graph.)

Anyways, I'm wondering if there's a similar effect at play here in the habits of most musicians, or most non-musicians, leading people to have a predisposition/inclination/higher chance for being musicians?
Interesting idea.

I do remember at school during music lessons, been put behind a Xylophone.

I just started to hit the wooden bars, and impressed the entire class.

After class the entire class was asking me how I did this, I did not have a clue, I just did something.
I do remember the teacher saying something, but I cant remember what he said.
Looking back I think he said something about me playing a rhythm, not a melody.
Or maybe that I was not in any scale.

Because of LMMS I learned I do have a very good sense for rhythm, but when I uploaded my first track, people asked if I was tone deaf. Musikbear thought me how to fix this, with mark current scale.
These days when I cover something I can hear if I am in tune or not.

Ones did the bassline of Jam on It. I had the note spacing perfect, but the LMMS forum helped me to get the right notes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEmg5GaAHbk

Never give up, never surrender. :)
Monospace wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 6:08 am
musikbear wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:32 pm
Monospace wrote:
Ah, no, there's usually some interesting correlation.

I can imagine, for example, that children in more green countries have more birds on the roof of the clinic. I can imagine that the lesser the birds, the worse off your air might be, and who knows what that does for your creativity? Any correlation can be found. The question really is just how accurate it is or whether you're mistaking it for something else.

A good example is, if a muslim family is having a child, and if the child is born in a certain month, there is actually some amount of correlation between birth month and chance of the child to grow up with a chronic weakness.
(This is because a sizeable proportion of muslim women hold the Ramzan fast even when pregnant, and because Ramzan is in a specific month there is a higher chance of the child having a propensity for nutritional deficiency if the fast is conducted when the baby needs proper nutrition, and this effect leads to a measurable result on your correlation graph.)

Anyways, I'm wondering if there's a similar effect at play here in the habits of most musicians, or most non-musicians, leading people to have a predisposition/inclination/higher chance for being musicians?
Good and insightful reflexions!
Yes!
Human behavioural patterns are absolutely important!
Celestial configuration NOT :p
(btw -the birds on the roof could be scavengers and or 'flying rats' aka city-pigeons, then the health level of the neighbourhood would not be that great :p
This is quite an interesting discussion. I wasn't expecting to see, such an insightful topic like this one, show up on the forum. :)
I do not believe in astrology. But I believe being born in a certain place, into a certain family and social environment, and with certain innate talents, sets us up for being successful in a certain way of life.

I think musicians, like other talented people, are born to be musicians, and resisting that fact is futile. That's why I think we should encourage children with musical talent to develop that talent and do what they love and are born to do, not what others think may be a more stable career.

I think we have fewer real choices in life than we realize. I was fortunate that I got kicked out of my elementary school and ended up in an alternative Montessori type school. It was only then that I realized who I am. I would not have survived much longer in the type of brainwashing academy so many are subjected to.

I'm not sure how relevant this is to astrology. I leave that to the experts.

By the way, Martin Garrix is a Taurus. Is this why Animals is such a great song?

But Armin van Buuren is another great DJ and he is a Capricorn.

I think having innate talent and being fortunate enough to be from the Netherlands is far more important than which day you are born on.
So I have the same zodiac sign as Martin Garrix.

That must proof Taurus are good at making music. :lol:

I did go to a special school, but I have no idea on how to translate this into English.
Then main difference was much smaller classes, of 15-16 children max.

After this I went to a normal technical school, and ended as mechanical engineer.

What I do know, I am still up to this day easily distracted.