Using Vital as a Sampler

Write guides and how-tos about LMMS for other members.
Just sharing some things I recently learned. This opens some major doors on manipulating samples in LMMS.

Step 1: Open Vital and disable OSC1, then enable noise oscillator.

Step 2: Drag sample from outside LMMS (doesn't work internally) into the noise oscillator. If you're a Windows user a quick way for doing this is by pressing Win key, typing the name of your sample folder, hitting enter. Then press Alt+Tab once (this brings the window you opened to the front) and dragging and dropping the wav file into the noise oscillator. This may sound like a lot of steps but seriously, once you learn it you will save you a lot of time.

Step 3: Click the midi keyboard icon in the noise oscillator (this makes it polyphonic instead of monophonic).

And voila! You now have an insanely powerful sampler that even supports glide/portamento.

The icing on the cake for me is this trick Musicbear taught me; accessing the control knobs by clicking the wrench icon.

Just think... you can now modulate anything from effects, LFOs, envelopes and so on.

I hope this tutorial was helpful and I hope you all create some cool sounds.
Electropocalypse wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:52 am
Just sharing some things I recently learned. This opens some major doors on manipulating samples in LMMS.

Step 2: Drag sample from outside LMMS (doesn't work internally) into the noise oscillator. If you're a Windows user a quick way for doing this is by pressing Win key, typing the name of your sample folder, hitting enter. Then press Alt+Tab once (this brings the window you opened to the front) and dragging and dropping the wav file into the noise oscillator. This may sound like a lot of steps but seriously, once you learn it you will save you a lot of time.

Step 3: Click the midi keyboard icon in the noise oscillator (this makes it polyphonic instead of monophonic).

And voila! You now have an insanely powerful sampler that even supports glide/portamento.

The icing on the cake for me is this trick Musicbear taught me; accessing the control knobs by clicking the wrench icon.

Just think... you can now modulate anything from effects, LFOs, envelopes and so on.

Thank you so much for the tutorial! You can never stop learn in this beautiful journey and how amazing Vital is!
Have a great week ahead! Cheers!
Mastartiq wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:26 pm
Electropocalypse wrote:

Thank you so much for the tutorial! You can never stop learn in this beautiful journey and how amazing Vital is!
It's my delight to help out. I look forward to improving on creating and mastering songs, though it's pretty lengthy and tedious I find.
The talent found here is far beyond my own but I do find great inspiration in that. The best of luck to you on your creative endeavors. :-)
Electropocalypse wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 4:01 am
Mastartiq wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:26 pm
Electropocalypse wrote:

It's my delight to help out. I look forward to improving on creating and mastering songs, though it's pretty lengthy and tedious I find.
The talent found here is far beyond my own but I do find great inspiration in that. The best of luck to you on your creative endeavors. :-)
Thank you so much! Good luck to you too in the journey and do not forget to have all the fun!
it’s not so difficult already, if you delve into the essence and study the theory a little,
thanks for the post