Modulate Tempo of Single Track?

Questions about producing? Ask them here.
Just wanted to ask for advice in or outside of LMMS. I often hear this technique in music but I'm having trouble recreating it.

So I tried automating BPM and exporting this into a sample. I found you get even more control modulating the start point of the exported sample which is kind of neat.

If you know a better way please let me know.

Project below. Thank you for your time!

PS - I'm not sure how to upload an mppz file here so here's a download link.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/j940pjyw ... .mmpz/file

If you're interested below is a song that really inspires me. The modulation is so cool and trying to emulate these effects in LMMS appears difficult but not impossible. In this example I think they modulated the filter cutoff to create this kind of effect which gives it some nice movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHDBu1z ... itch-Topic
Electropocalypse wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:27 am
So I tried automating BPM and exporting this into a sample.

Automate Pitch with high RANGE
Not possible :/
In this example I think they modulated the filter cutoff to create this kind of effect which gives it some nice movement.
Also PITCH and SYNCH-modulation
musikbear wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:06 pm
Electropocalypse wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:27 am
So I tried automating BPM and exporting this into a sample.

Automate Pitch with high RANGE
Not possible :/
In this example I think they modulated the filter cutoff to create this kind of effect which gives it some nice movement.
Also PITCH and SYNCH-modulation

Thank you for your quick feedback Musicbear!

I think I explained this really badly. I guess what I want to know is if there's a way to assign an LFO to volume and/or filter cutoff and then to modulate that LFO. I'm wanting to create various fast and slow movements in quick succession (...kinda like arpeggio).

I know it can be done manually by drawing the automation but that's a lot of work.

*Edit - I found a way in Vital (yay!)
1.) Drag LFO1 to volume or frequency of oscilator(s).
2.) Click the wrench icon and drag LFO1 tempo into automation track.
Electropocalypse wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:19 am
I know it can be done manually by drawing the automation but that's a lot of work.
Whatbout recording the manual automation?
Then you can make your creative work dial by dial, and have full control?

*Edit - I found a way in Vital (yay!)

Good but recording automation is perhaps better?
musikbear wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 4:22 pm
Electropocalypse wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:19 am
Whatbout recording the manual automation?
Then you can make your creative work dial by dial, and have full control?
I see what you mean. You're probably right but I think the speed I was going for is inhuman and perhaps difficult to time right with a mouse. I think it's possible though... been using mouse keys for a while (broken mouse) and I keep putting it off... :-/

I watched that video and I never knew you could do that! Extremely helpful to know, thank you!

I'll add a short audio clip I made to better explain the effect I was aiming for.

At the end of the day learning new things in music feels good for a second, but man... it sure ain't easy to learn 'everything' and make pro sounds. I guess I shouldn't worry about being able to copy every sound I hear to perfection in order to create good music and instead I should experiment and learn for myself.

Apologise for the philosophical ramble. ^_^'

Here's the process:

1.) Drag LFO1 to filter cutoff. (Amp envelope sustain to max).
2.) Click the wrench icon on instrument and drag LFO rate into modulation track.
3.) Draw modulation (I started with the square steps and then changed them to the round ones).

And the result (10 sec):

https://sndup.net/kbwq/

Anyway, sorry to talk your ear off... I type like a crazy person and I'm overly chatty sometimes.

A one of a kind person I guess. Have a wonderful day and thanks again for your time and amazing advice! :-)