VSTs not loading

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I've extensively looked into this and, while the question has been brought up in forums many times, no recommended solution has worked for me.

*Should mention: New to LMMS, not to music production though

Relevant information:

OS: Windows 10 64 bitLMMS Version: I have both the alpha 1.3.0 (64 bit) and the previous stable version 1.2.2 (64 bit). This issue persists in both.VST in question: I've actually tried this on a few sample vsts and none have worked. The actual set I am trying to get to work is the Roland Cloud Bundle, which I specifically installed the VST2.4 version of (as VST3 doesn't work in LMMS). The set works absolutely fine in Reaper. It does not work in LMMS. Funny enough, the 'proof of concept' sample piano that muskibear on the forums suggested works just fine.

What I've tried:

I've made sample projects in Reaper, uploaded the instruments to that .rpp, converted it to mid and put it in LMMS. No dice.

I've made sure to use the exact default VST plugin folder. When that didn't work, I followed a forum suggestion and switched it with a new folder, and when that didn't work I reset my changes. Still nothing.

Error messages:

None. Says 'No VST Plugin loaded as if nothing happened. On my larger VSTs you can see the loading cursor for a second, and then nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, LMMS has such a convenient workflow I'd hate to go back to Reaper at this point.

-cactus
First off, Very fine explanation & Welcome to the Forum BrooksBlakely !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
BrooksBlakely wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:08 pm
OS: Windows 10 64 bitLMMS Version: I have both the alpha 1.3.0 (64 bit) and the previous stable version 1.2.2 (64 bit). This issue persists in both.
There is ofcause the risk that the VSTs you have tried does not work, but all except MDA-piano.. nahh -Unless you have selected VST3 versions. We do not have any support yet.

You can force the loading by dragging the VST-DLL into song-editor from sidebars My-Computer.
Similarly you can browse to the actual DLL from the VST-stub:
click the folder
Both methods should get rid of the "no vst loaded" message, and then you should be able to register what happens when you play a note : sound, crash silence..
If the VST does not load at all, then its most likely a vst3
Let us know the outcome :)
Make sure that the VSTs are installed correctly. You can usually find installation instructions on the VST's website.
Make sure that the VSTs are compatible with your version of Visual Studio. You can usually find compatibility information on the VST's website. nighthawk login admin
Make sure that the VSTs are enabled in Visual Studio. You can usually enable VSTs by going to Tools > Options > Projects and Solutions > Build and Run > Output window.