Windows 10 Store app

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
kylemason2 wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:50 am
Sorry for disappointing you :( I will definitely fix it :)
Very nice. And where is your music? Do you have any tunes that you made with lmms? :geek:
geeinoz wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:29 am
To enable students to install software from within the Microsoft Store without having to get parents to install software that requires local admin privileges.
As a father I installed the software for my kid. Now he will have his music.
musikbear wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:39 pm
geeinoz wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:29 am
To enable students to install software from within the Microsoft Store without having to get parents to install software that requires local admin privileges.
Sorry i do not understand your request.
LMMS is not on windows-store.
Only correct way is to get lmms from this site:
https://lmms.io/download#windows
Can you explain what you are requesting?

This design is just stunning—it's simple but effective. The designers from the Limeup platform, with whom I've had the pleasure of working, have also site astounded me with their beautiful creations. It serves as evidence of the efforts of real experts who understand how to leave a lasting impression.
Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome geeinoz !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Thank you for describing everything in detail.
geeinoz wrote:
Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:51 pm
Hi

Yes, that's my point, LMMS is not in the Microsoft Store. We try to use the software within an education environment but must rely on parents installing the desktop application at home on their childs device, as the children's accounts do not have admin privilege's to run the installer. Therefore if there was a LMMS app offering within the Microsoft Store this would enable education establishments to use the LMMS product, as Microsoft Store apps do not require admin rights to install the App.
Hello, It's unfortunate to hear that LMMS is not available in the Microsoft Store, making it challenging for educational institutions to use the software within their environment. Having an app version in the Microsoft Store would allow for easier installation on devices without requiring admin privileges. It would be beneficial if the developers considered making LMMS available through the Microsoft Store to address this issue.
raiffallen5854g wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 5:05 am
Hello, It's unfortunate to hear that LMMS is not available in the Microsoft Store, making it challenging for educational institutions to use the software within their environment. Having an app version in the Microsoft Store would allow for easier installation on devices without requiring admin privileges. It would be beneficial if the developers considered making LMMS available through the Microsoft Store to address this issue.
Sorry it wont happen. It would cost a fortune each DAY!
LMMS is free and open software.
You can compile yourself as any installable app. The IT-responsible at your educational institution should be able to make an image-file and a central installation.
Contact your IT support, and explain.