LMMS on Ubuntu 22.04 with Wine - Issues with VSTs and GUI

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello,

I am using LMMS 1.3.0 on Ubuntu 22.04 with both Wine32 and Wine64 installed. A while ago, VSTs used to work perfectly with Wine, but suddenly every time I used any VST's GUI, I couldn't click anything in LMMS until I minimized the window, clicked some other element on my computer, and then maximize LMMS again. This process had to be repeated every time I used VSTs.

I have tried uninstalling Wine several times, but nothing has changed. Now, after reinstalling Wine, only about 20% of the VSTs I use load and I am unable to see any GUI. Additionally, LMMS freezes and becomes unclickable.

I would greatly appreciate any help in resolving these issues. Thank you!
What version of Wine are you running?
DaveAmbient wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 8:44 am
What version of Wine are you running?
wine-6.0.3 (Ubuntu 6.0.3~repack-1)
Betzalel Maor wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:10 pm
VSTs used to work perfectly with Wine, but suddenly every time I used any VST's GUI, I couldn't click anything in LMMS until I minimized the window, clicked some other element on my computer, and then maximize LMMS again. This process had to be repeated every time I used VSTs.
Suddenly happens for a reason!
What did you install on your system just before this 'suddenly' happened?
That is what you need to figure out.
It does not have the characteristics of the Embed-issue, so changing that feature does not comply here
You also need to try VSTs that you know has been fine before.
And you need to try that kind of VSTs in both projects that has the issue, other projects and new projects. It is all part of the winding path to isolate the culpit of this issue, and it can be a drag! 🙄
Have you resolved it?
DonnaPartridge wrote:
Tue May 02, 2023 12:21 pm
Have you resolved it?
No. I figured i'd be able to make music without VST Plugins, so I removed it.
Sometimes, certain versions of Wine can cause compatibility issues with specific software. You can try using a different version of Wine to see if it resolves the problems.mapquest driving directions
Check your Wine configuration settings to ensure that everything is properly set up. You can use the winecfg command in the terminal to access the Wine configuration tool and make any necessary adjustments. wordle
Betzalel Maor wrote:
only up game
Hello,

I am using LMMS 1.3.0 on Ubuntu 22.04 with both Wine32 and Wine64 installed. A while ago, VSTs used to work perfectly with Wine, but suddenly every time I used any VST's GUI, I couldn't click anything in LMMS until I minimized the window, clicked some other element on my computer, and then maximize LMMS again. This process had to be repeated every time I used VSTs.

I have tried uninstalling Wine several times, but nothing has changed. Now, after reinstalling Wine, only about 20% of the VSTs I use load and I am unable to see any GUI. Additionally, LMMS freezes and becomes unclickable.

I'm running LMMS 1.3.0 on Ubuntu 22.04, using Wine to load VST plugins. This used to work flawlessly, but lately I've been having frustrating issues:
VST GUIs become unclickable until I minimize/maximize LMMS. 🖱️ This repeats every time I open a plugin.
Ramona Cantu wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2023 4:04 am
Betzalel Maor wrote:
only up game
Hello,

I'm running LMMS 1.3.0 on Ubuntu 22.04, using Wine to load VST plugins. This used to work flawlessly, but lately I've been having frustrating issues:
VST GUIs become unclickable until I minimize/maximize LMMS. 🖱️ This repeats every time I open a plugin.
Again same thing: When did it stop working?
Also what version of 1.3?-Only App_Image-version from lmms.io is supported!

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome Ramona Cantu!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

Let us know the outcome