MIDI Controler Change Message - #5581

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi there,
Using LMMS with a Roland RP102.
I'm trying to understand how I can send MIDI Controler Change message to the RP102 using the Automation Track.

I dont want to send them in real time.

To be more precise, and in order to prepare the RP102 with the rights sounds selected for each midi track, I need to send 3 messages :
* Controler Change 0 + value on specific channel
* Controler Change 32 + value on specific channel
* Program Change + value on specific channel

This is the sequence for selecting Sounds on the RP102.

I was happy to see that the feature #5581 is a good start about controler, but I did not manage to put these messages into the Automation Track - and also did not understand how this automation track should be used. I'll check if there's a video about it.

Anyway, thanks for this software.
MdG
After some sleeping...

It may be better to devellop (did not check if it exists) a "MIDI" instrument plugin that will handle this kind of stuff.

In fact the controler change sequence (0,32) is a "Bank Select" MIDI Command who is followed by a "Program Change".

So it should be handled by the "MIDI Instrument" where it will be possible to specify if the "Program Change" must be preceded by a "Bank Select", then specify the MSB and LSB information for the BANK into the MIDI settings of track.

Hop.
MuxyDuGoulp wrote:
Mon Feb 07, 2022 6:07 pm
Hi there,
Hi, Welcome to the Forum MuxyDuGoulp !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480

I'm trying to understand how I can send MIDI Controler Change message to the RP102 using the Automation Track.
Sorry but LMMS cant send midi-signals (yet)
Our MIDI-capabilities are less than great 🙄 -At a later time we hope to get better methods for MIDI.
Hello! It's great to hear that you're using LMMS (Linux MultiMedia Studio) with your Roland RP102 digital piano. To send MIDI Controller Change messages to the RP102 using the Automation Track in LMMS, you can follow these steps:

Open LMMS and create a new project or open an existing one.

Add a new Automation Track to your project. You can do this by right-clicking on the track list and selecting "Add New Track" or by using the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+T (or Command+T on macOS).

In the Automation Editor, select the MIDI controller you want to use. In your case, you mentioned Controller Change 0, Controller Change 32, and Program Change.

Set the channel for which you want to send the MIDI messages. You can typically set the channel using a drop-down menu or a MIDI channel selector in the Automation Editor.

Create automation points on the timeline of the Automation Editor to specify the values you want to send for each MIDI controller. You can add points by clicking on the timeline or by right-clicking and selecting "Add Point."

Adjust the values of the automation points to the desired settings. For example, for Controller Change 0 and 32, set the values to the specific values you need, and for Program Change, set the values to the desired program numbers.

Play the project, and LMMS will send the MIDI messages according to the automation points you've set. This will allow you to prepare the RP102 with the right sounds selected for each MIDI track.

Please note that the exact steps and interface may vary slightly depending on the version of LMMS you are using. If you need more specific instructions, it might be helpful to consult the LMMS documentation or search for tutorials or videos specifically related to using the Automation Track in LMMS.

I hope this helps you achieve the desired control over your Roland RP102! If you have any more questions, feel Pokemon Infinite Fusion free to ask.
Hello! It's fantastic to learn that you're combining the Roland RP102 digital piano with LMMS (Linux MultiMedia Studio). The RP102 can receive MIDI Controller Change signals from the LMMS Automation Track in the following ways:

Kick off a new project or load up an old one in LMMS. basketball stars

Make use of a new Automation Track in your project. You may use the shortcut Ctrl+T (or Command+T on macOS) or the "Add New Track" option available via a right-click on the track list.

The MIDI controller can be chosen in the Automation Editor. You specifically mentioned the options to "Controller Change 0", "Controller Change 32", and "Program Change".

Choose the MIDI channel that your messages will be sent on. The Automation Editor usually has a drop-down menu or a MIDI channel selector to use when deciding which channel to use.

Make use of the Automation Editor's timeline to set automation points with the desired values for each MIDI controller. Either click the timeline to add a point, or right-click and choose "Add Point."

To customize the automation, change the values of the points. Set the values for Controller Change 0 and 32 to what you require, and set the values for Program Change to what you want.

If you have set automation points in LMMS, when you play the project, LMMS will deliver the MIDI messages at those points. The RP102 can be set up for each MIDI track with the appropriate sounds selected in advance.
MuxyDuGoulp wrote:
Hi there,

To be more precise, and in order to prepare the RP102 with the rights sounds selected for each midi track, I need to send 3 messages :
* Controler Change 0 + value on specific channel geometry dash bloodbath

I was happy to see that the feature #5581 is a good start about controler, but I did not manage to put these messages into the Automation Track - and also did not understand how this automation track should be used. I'll check if there's a video about it.

MdG
I understand that feature #5581 is a good start regarding the controller. Not managing notifications well is a limitation that needs to be overcome.
MuxyDuGoulp wrote:
Hi there,

* Controler Change 0 + value on specific channel five nights at freddy's 4

MdG
I have difficulty with the solutions you suggested
* Controler Change 0 + value on specific channel
Is there an easier way to handle it?