Issue with Poise vst

Got a great idea for the future of LMMS? Post it here.
Forum rules

Make sure to search to see if your idea has been posted before! Check our issue tracker as well, just to make sure you are not posting a duplicate: https://github.com/LMMS/lmms/issues

I’ve never had this issue but after moving to a new windows 11 computer, the vst Poise by One Small Clue has a bug where everytime it starts up after not playing notes for a while there’s a loud click. Adding attack doesn’t fix it, changing the audio buffer size hasn’t worked (though I haven’t put it at extreme levels), is this just an issue with how the vst interacts with the program?
hatanmaek wrote:
Wed Aug 16, 2023 7:31 am
I’ve never had this issue but after moving to a new windows 11 computer, the vst Poise by One Small Clue has a bug where everytime it starts up after not playing notes for a while there’s a loud click. Adding attack doesn’t fix it, changing the audio buffer size hasn’t worked (though I haven’t put it at extreme levels), is this just an issue with how the vst interacts with the program?
First i have to ask: Your backend is SDL -right?
If not change it to SDL!
Otherwise..
It has to be the new computer ao win-11. You have not had this issue before, but now its there. The big question is what to do. If its only this one VST, then you should contact One Small Clue, and tell them about it

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome hatanmaek !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Hi there, that random loud click issue with the Poise VST does sound frustrating! A few things come to mind that could potentially help:

Try toggling the "Send Note Offs" setting in Poise'soptions. Sometimes stuck notes can cause clicks when retriggering sound.

Adjust Poise's latency settings and play with the audio buffer size in LMMS. Lower buffers can reduce clicks but increase CPU load.

Make sure you have the latest version of Poise installed. It's possible an update may have addressed a clicking bug.Ah, looking for a 2024 calendar? You're in the right place! Here at Type Calendar, we've got the perfect calendars to help you plan out your year in style. And guess what? 2024 is a leap year, so we've made sure our designs celebrate that extra day in February! Our calendars are not just functional, they're a piece of art – with crisp prints, high-quality paper, and customizable features. Choose from various themes, sizes, and formats. Perfect for your wall, desk, or on the go. Ready to make 2024 your most organized year yet? Let's get you set up!

Try a different synth VST and see if the issue persists. That could narrow down if it's Poise-specific.

Check for audio driver conflicts or optimizations for Windows 11, especially if this is a new system behavior.

Hopefully it's just some small compatibility issue that can be resolved with settings tweaks. Let me know if you have any luck tracking down the culprit! VST quirks can certainly be frustrating to pin down.
Sometimes, VSTs can behave differently on new systems. It might be a compatibility thing with Windows 11. Have you tried reaching out to the One Small Clue support?