Audio tracks record

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi, I installed LMMS on Raspberry Pi, I have a doubt, can you record audio tracks, such as voice, guitar, and other instruments with LMMS?
makalaf877 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:01 pm
Hi, I installed LMMS on Raspberry Pi, I have a doubt, can you record audio tracks, such as voice, guitar, and other instruments with LMMS?
No, LMMS cant record sounds.
Use something like Audacity for that

Besides that, since you are new in Forum
Welcome makalaf877 !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
Too bad it can't record audio, anyway thanks so much for the help!
makalaf877 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:24 am
Too bad LMMS can't record audio,
Its really not a big deal, it is just making a setup that saves everything you record in audacity in the folder where you have the samples you use in LMMS.
First you need to have both LMMS and Audacity opened, and to bring LMMS up in front.
Then when you are in a situation where you would like LMMS to record to your Samples-folder, you just hold Alt and tab on TAB, that will bring audacity up
Then press record
Hold Alt and tab on TAB to bring LMMS back in focus
Start replay or play . What ever you do will now be recorded by audacity in the background.
When you are done playing Then hold Alt and tab on TAB and bring audacity back up and trim the recording, and save.
hold Alt and tab on TAB to bring LMMS up and drag the newly made sample into an AFP
After you have done this a few times, it will feel like Audacity is a part of LMMS.
its that simple : )
musikbear wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:00 pm
makalaf877 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2023 11:24 am
Too bad LMMS can't record audio,
Its really not a big deal, it is just making a setup that saves everything you record in audacity in the folder where you have the samples you use in LMMS.
First you need to have both LMMS and Audacity opened, and to bring LMMS up in front.
Then when you are in a situation where you would like LMMS to record to your Samples-folder, you just hold Alt and tab on TAB, that will bring audacity up
Then press record
Hold Alt and tab on TAB to bring LMMS back in focus
Start replay or play . What ever you do will now be recorded by audacity in the background.
When you are done playing Then hold Alt and tab on TAB and bring audacity back up and trim the recording, and save.
hold Alt and tab on TAB to bring LMMS up and drag the newly made sample into an AFP
After you have done this a few times, it will feel like Audacity is a part of LMMS.
its that simple : )
[/quote]
That is sure a lot of monkeying around, why don't you guys actually implement the ability to record digital audio in LMMS? What is holding you back, why not put in the effort to implement it instead telling people to jockey between LMMS and Audacity? If you implemented this ability then you would really have a cool piece of software and you would put LMMS on the DAW radar.
[/quote]
makalaf877 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2023 7:01 pm
No audio recording is not a feature yet.
It is recommended to use any recording program instead.