Piano Roll randomly adding notes that I didn't play

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
While using the live record on the piano roll with a MIDI keyboard connected, I see notes being generated ahead of time (15 seconds into the future).

I start a new instance by double clicking the square thing. I hit record (NOT record+play). Q is set at 1/192 because otherwise things sound like a robot or the program completely messes up the tempo because there is a certain latency with the MIDI keyboard input even though it works flawlessly and instantly in other DAWs.

I am playing and suddenly I hear notes I am not playing. If I just look at the piano roll, from the beginning of the process, I can see it is obviously empty when I start the instance (square). I hit record, still empty. I begin playing. Suddenly at some random point I see notes being generated ahead in time, when the piano roll cursor hasn't even reached that place (sometimes it's even 15 seconds away, it's not a matter of latency). When the cursor reaches them, I hear those notes (again, as I had also heard them when I played them).

It happens in Windows and in Ubuntu. My computer runs many GPU heavy programs. It is not a matter of specs. MIDI input directly from piano to computer via USB. Not a peripheric problem. It happens only with this program.
It happens at 1/192, at 1/1, at tempo 300 and at tempo 60, no matter the instrument/plugin/developer/sound.
I am not using loops in the piano roll and not using loops in the project window.
I have the current latest stable version (1.2.2) downloaded directly from the website, I have tried reinstalling. I have tried in Ubuntu and Windows and in two different machines now. I have tried different data cables to link my piano to USB for MIDI input.
gettingtired wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:28 pm
It happens only with this program.
Got you at first post
viewtopic.php?p=83379#p83379
see answer there