the size of the .mmpz files always increases

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hi to everyone! here's my issue; on the majority (not all of them)of my .mmpz files I work on it happens that every time that I save, after having worked on them, their size increases(like from 86 kb to 100 kb). so, saving after saving the file size is no longer in kB but MB and the files start to crush often, so that it becomes impossible to work properly. I would like to know what this issue does depends on. I point out that all the files run the same external plugings through vestige, and all of them have many midi tracks.
only one time it happened that saving with a different name a 6 MB .mmpz file, its size returned to the default one(159 kB) and I could finally work without crushes (this miracle didn't happen anymmore) . from all of this I would think that the increasing size issue isn't due to what's inside the file, since even if the blessed file contained many tracks and stuff it could run well also as a light file.
can anyone help me to fix this or understand why it happens?? thank you so much !! :)
Gab
gabryolem wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:58 pm
Hi to everyone!
Hi, Welcome to the Forum gabryolem x!
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
every time that I save, their size increases(like from 86 kb to 100 kb).
::
and the files start to crush often, so that it becomes impossible to work properly.
well it should not. compression can in some instances make larger files, but that is marginally changes, and has to do with the internal catalogue for the compression, but the increase would be in bytes, certainly not 10+ kb.
Have to say that i am not a fan of compressing project-files as long as work i being done. I feel more secure with MMP than MMPZ, and has the disk-space needed for uncompressed projects.
I cant explain why your files bloats in size, unless you are using some Nightly witch by chance fiddles with compressions?
what LMMS version?
Where downloaded?
-But this is weird : (