How to get better at edm/dance tracks??

Anything that doesn't fit into other topics goes here!
I've been using LMMS for several years and can quickly create hip-hop beats within minutes (although I might be a bit rusty since I haven't used it in a while). However, I've noticed that I struggle with producing EDM tracks. While I can come up with melodies and nice chord progressions, I often find myself lacking the motivation to continue. Additionally, it's challenging for me to discover suitable sounds for the track, and creating impactful drops becomes a major challenge.

Could you please provide some tips on how to enhance my skills in EDM production? Should I explore more drum kits and plugins, or are there specific recommendations you have in mind?
First off, Welcome to the Forum hermis !
Here are all important links:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
-A few rules and useful forum instructions
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480
hermis wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:55 pm
I often find myself lacking the motivation to continue.

Thát is of cause a difficult issue!
It is necessary for you to work your way through that phase. Weather that phase is because of you being disappointed with your progress, or that you run out of ideas (creative blockade) you need to find some way to get through that phase.
Motivation is a&o for art!
Should I explore more drum kits and plugins, or are there specific recommendations you have in mind?
I think you should perhaps do the opposite and instead of adding 'stuff' you should concentrate on learning your current used items better and experiment with getting the best out of those. Adding effects and 'glitter' to something that is not a satisfaction to yourself, will only make it worse.
What you could do was to recreate one of your most loved songs. If a success, you will then know that you certainly does have the handyman skills to make a nice production, and then work onwards from that perspective