Error while Importing MT Power Drum Kit Groove as MIDI

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new to LMMS and recently installed the MT Power DrumKit 2 plugin. While exploring the plugin, I noticed it offers preset grooves that can be used with your beats. However, I'm encountering difficulty importing these grooves into the song editor section of LMMS.

Following a tutorial, I attempted to save a groove as a MIDI file by dragging it into Notepad and then importing it into LMMS. However, I received an error message stating 'you do not have a soundfont file selected' (or something like that).

I'm currently using GeneralUser GS 1.471 with LMMS. Although selecting the .sf2 file from GeneralUser GS 1.471 resolved the error upon importing the MIDI file, the track with the groove still doesn't appear in the song editor.

For reference, here's the video I mentioned, where the process is demonstrated at the 5:00 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiUBFax ... endraKumar

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks
MutantPike wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:17 am
Hello everyone,

I'm relatively new to LMMS and recently installed the MT Power DrumKit 2 plugin. While exploring the plugin, I noticed it offers preset grooves that can be used with your beats. However, I'm encountering difficulty importing these grooves into the song editor section of LMMS.

Following a tutorial, I attempted to save a groove as a MIDI file by dragging it into Notepad and then importing it into LMMS. However, I received an error message stating 'you do not have a soundfont file selected' (or something like that).

I'm currently using GeneralUser GS 1.471 with LMMS. Although selecting the .sf2 file from GeneralUser GS 1.471 resolved the error upon importing the MIDI file, the track with the groove still doesn't appear in the song editor.

For reference, here's the video I mentioned, where the process is demonstrated at the 5:00 mark:

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks
This
'you do not have a soundfont file selected' (or something like that).
is the thing.
In Settings do you have your GeneralUser GS 1.471 defined as Default-soundfont??
3, from bottom
That is a must. Do that and retry, but This thing:
save a groove as a MIDI file by dragging it into Notepad
That is rubbish!
You will never get anything else than garbage if you drag a binary file into notepad.
This is the result:

Code: Select all

79 N%P€\@ €`@€]@ €^@€Q@ `Q# ^
Cant be done.
Interesting, maybe I'll try this out, but it looks weird the lowest note need to be at C3.

I suspect its just about the notes need to be between C3 and C4.