VST no longer work after wine updated to v9

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Working wine version (on my system - Ubuntu based) : wine 7.22 staging

What I have done :

Tested wine 9.1 staging - not working

Backtracked from wine 8.21 to 8.0.0 (staging branch only, no RC versions) - not working

The real problem :

I used wine 8.21 staging before the upgrade. It worked without issue. Now, after the upgrade, it does not work even after removing wine 9 completely. This leads me to believe that there may have been some kind of change in some dependency that is compatible with/required by both versions (8 and 9). It doesn't affect overall functionality but affects very specific things, such as vestige, for example. I'm not a software engineer. I'm just a very basic linux end user. I can do some things after finding instructions online but that is it, so I don't know. I'm just trying to apply logic to see where the problem may lie. Obviously this is not an lmms problem, this is just an update as to what I have found.
tjlazer wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:53 pm
What I have done :
Remind me, do you
* Build from source
* * Witch codebase (Distro name & version)
* * * with cmake for wine9 ?
* Use your distro packman binary version
* Use lmms.io AppImage 1.2.2
* Use lmms.io AppImage 1.3
musikbear wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:09 pm
* Use lmms.io AppImage 1.2.2
* Use lmms.io AppImage 1.3
I use AppImage 1.2.2 most of the time and AppImage 1.3.0 when I need to use 64bit plugins.
tjlazer wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 2:57 pm
I use AppImage 1.2.2 most of the time and AppImage 1.3.0 when I need to use 64bit plugins.
So AppImage FROM lmms.io
For that there is no wine9 optimized version yet!
You simply have to not update wine and to continue to use an older wine on your LINUX distro. If you have some kind of auto-update running, and that auto-update insist updating wine to wine9, then you have to disable autoupdate, because you will not be able to use either 1.22 or 1.3 AppImage with wine9.
There will be a 'fix' at some time, but i cant give you a TOC. It is not scheduled.
Bottom-line, do not install/ use wine9
musikbear wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2024 5:01 pm
There will be a 'fix' at some time, but i cant give you a TOC. It is not scheduled.
Bottom-line, do not install/ use wine9
New problem. 7.22 no longer works on my system. I did not update wine and deselected the wine files with every update that came up for my system. There must have been some kind of dependency update. When trying to use a vst in lmms it does the same thing as wine 9. When trying to use "winecfg" or "wine uninstaller" it gives me :

wine client error:0: version mismatch 794/759
Your wine binary was not upgraded correctly,
or you have an older one somewhere in your PATH.
Or maybe you have the wrong wineserver still running?

I have completely removed wine every time before reinstallation. I remove both gecko and mono each time.

Only going back to the 6.0.3 repack works.
I am now at a total loss.
tjlazer wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:01 pm
Only going back to the 6.0.3 repack works.
Then that is what you need to do if you want to use LMMS
There are no known fix for wine9
It is just not working with LMMS and is also difficult to un-install.
You could contact your distro packman, and ask what you can do.