Been using LMMS for about 10 years and I love it!

Share and discuss your LMMS music projects here, and see what people think!
I've used LMMS for more than 10 years. I'm currently using the 1.3.0-alpha on Linux and it's surprisingly stable! While I've used it for a long time, I don't consider myself to be a professional. I just enjoy making music and having fun.

Over the past year, I've been mostly making remixes of old tracks, but in 2024, I'll be making more original stuff.

Here's a DNB/Rock track I made in LMMS using stock instruments and sampling of my own mediocre guitar playing
I like LMMS too. I've made dozens of tracks.
Here's one I made with stock drum samples and basic synths.
https://sanderson.band/2023/07/24/e-sandy-song-1/
What's even more impressive is that you can create tracks using available instruments and your guitar playing patterns. It shows resourcefulness and the ability to work with your available tools. Can you share some of your experiences making music?
>I'm currently using the 1.3.0-alpha on Linux and it's surprisingly stable!

Same here. Stable it is. But still I developed a Ctrl+S habit, cause it always get unstable at the wrong moment ^^
I'm using 1.2.2 32-bit and 1.3 64-bit
I think Xpressive could be improved and i think too many people use this daw only to then switch to fl studio later on when they can afford it
Vojvodinosaurus wrote:
Sat Mar 02, 2024 4:41 pm
I'm using 1.2.2 32-bit and 1.3 64-bit
I think Xpressive could be improved and i think too many people use this daw only to then switch to fl studio later on when they can afford it
Yes that is true!
For many LMMS is a way to find out if they have the skills to become a producer, without investing in something like FLs or Pro-tools.
LMMS is also used be indie-game-devs, and is a natural tool in the free-ware indie-game dev collection of Blender, Gimp and Godot.
LMMS does not have Pro-DAW comparable features, but is free : )
FLs with LMMS content would cost about 2000 € afaik, soo.......