SINEplayer .dll not loading, freezes LMMS

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.

When I attempt to load the SINEplayer .dll in VeSTige, it does not work. It just says "Please wait while loading" for forever. While it's loading I also cannot interact with LMMS at all (though the cursor does change depending on what I'm hovering over) and I can't close it. I have to Kill it at that point.

I am using LMMS 1.3.0-alpha2. Note that this is on Linux Mint, but other .dlls like DSK Brass and Aspen Trombone work just fine in VeSTige while (I think) they were also made for Windows. (I assume they are using Wine, which is installed)

JoeReMi wrote: ↑
September 25th, 2026, 4:15 pm

When I attempt to load the SINEplayer .dll in VeSTige, it does not work. It just says "Please wait while loading" for forever. While it's loading I also cannot interact with LMMS at all (though the cursor does change depending on what I'm hovering over) and I can't close it. I have to Kill it at that point.

I am using LMMS 1.3.0-alpha2. Note that this is on Linux Mint, but other .dlls like DSK Brass and Aspen Trombone work just fine in VeSTige while (I think) they were also made for Windows. (I assume they are using Wine, which is installed)

Some 'VST' is made with a kit from Maize. The kit does create a dll, but it is not complying to the Steinberg codex.
Or..
If you have that dll from an other DAW pack, it could be that it is protected for usage in that DAW only. Many Imageline-VST are made that way.
Where do you have the dll from?