Can that be true?

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.

I was banned after a remark on the LMMS Discord server over a year ago. I got banned because another user made weird statements, and I called him a NAZI in response. From my perspective, I probably wasn't even far off, but I feel a permaban is too harsh. After all, the user had previously posted clear hints that led to my remark. Do you really want to keep it this way?

I have nothing to do with the previous event or anything else current.

All I know is that most audio|music|software sites like this (and others) prefer users to stay on topic about audio|music|software. In general, accross the internet these days, don't imply or directly say anything "political" or culturally critical, and things ought to be okay.

Since this is an LMMS (I think the 'MMS' stands for Music-Making-System, right?) site, try and stay on that topic. Other forums elsewhere might have alternative subsections to discuss other random things, but LMMS.io is focussed on LMMS, and that's good.

With that being said, I invite you to tell us something relevant about your ussage of LMMS for music-making. By the way, I'm not a moderator, just a person. What's your favorite thing about LMMS? I see you have a SoundCloud link. How does LMMS factor into your music composing workflow?

zeroc wrote: ↑
Yesterday, 6:20 pm

I was banned after a remark on the LMMS Discord server over a year ago. I got banned because another user made weird statements, and I called him a NAZI in response. From my perspective, I probably wasn't even far off, but I feel a permaban is too harsh. After all, the user had previously posted clear hints that led to my remark. Do you really want to keep it this way?

You are responsible for knowing the rules of a server. Discord rule is that you are not meant to play moderator. If someone posts something that you find offensive, report it to a moderator -dont start a mudslinging contest!
On this forum everything else than LMMS or music creation is BANNED! There is no sub-forum for smalltalk or political talk AT ALL!
Here is the important stuff: http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4740
But, welcome to thé Forum zeroc!
If you like to introduce yourself, to the community, go here:
http://lmms.io/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4480