Page 2 of 2
Re: Finally! A not-so-terrible track to share!!!
Posted: October 25th, 2017, 7:06 pm
by musicFreQ
Symbient wrote: ↑October 13th, 2017, 8:15 pm
Any progress.. is progress. For my taste the sound of the 8 bit synth is rugged and somewhat distractive, You could make those tracks with some modern synth sound like rhodes or some bells, would sound cool. To me the 8 bit synth sounds like a bee in a balloon that is wrapped in your head which is not so pleasant, but I guess there is the nostalgy factor which comes with 8 bit sound, which is fine but outdated, I am more of a 16 bit SNES music fan, like DK music is fantastic (listen to stickerbrush symphony for example, no doubt there is no other option but to love it, David Wise is wizard of the digital sound domain).
Absolutely keep grooving and keep doing whatever you find that you can make progress in your spiritual path with.
Music and arts are the great tool and for that.
Yeah you're right there. I do intend to remake everything I've made so far once I get a better grasp of what I'm doing. When I made 'Star Bounce', my knowledge of LMMS was far more limited than it is now. I just used whatever I could find, which explains the "cheapness" of the 8-bit sound. It was what it was but I still like the track enough to share it.
And thank you, I'll definitely keeping treading my creative path

Re: Finally! A not-so-terrible track to share!!!
Posted: October 25th, 2017, 7:15 pm
by musicFreQ
brandystarbrite wrote: ↑October 14th, 2017, 1:35 am
Soundin' goooood. ^_^
But somehow, I wish it was a tiny bit faster.

Out of curiousity, what
tempo did you use for this tune?
Thanks!
I can see what you mean but at the time I wanted to make something a bit more laid-back but "groovy", especially because of the melody break in the middle. I used a tempo of 110.
Re: Finally! A not-so-terrible track to share!!!
Posted: October 25th, 2017, 7:23 pm
by musicFreQ
Kalaherty wrote: ↑October 14th, 2017, 4:44 am
I like it. For some weird reason the repetitive Bass riff reminds me of some of Mr. Oizo's work. Cool stuff
Haha, Mr. Oizo! Now there's a blast from the past. I'm hearing that myself now. Thanks man!

Re: Finally! A not-so-terrible track to share!!!
Posted: October 25th, 2017, 8:30 pm
by D.Ipsum
musicFreQ wrote: ↑October 25th, 2017, 6:34 pm
Definitely have to check more of your stuff when I can to see how you approach it.
I have not yet published a track applying this kind of rule. These are old WIPs that I would like to finalize (hoping I can do it).
Re: Finally! A not-so-terrible track to share!!!
Posted: October 25th, 2017, 10:55 pm
by musicFreQ
D.Ipsum wrote: ↑October 25th, 2017, 8:30 pm
musicFreQ wrote: ↑October 25th, 2017, 6:34 pm
Definitely have to check more of your stuff when I can to see how you approach it.
I have not yet published a track applying this kind of rule. These are old WIPs that I would like to finalize (hoping I can do it).
Oh okay, well I look forward to it when you do

Re: Finally! A not-so-terrible track to share!!!
Posted: October 26th, 2017, 1:09 am
by brandystarbrite
musicFreQ wrote: ↑October 25th, 2017, 7:15 pm
Thanks!
I can see what you mean but at the time I wanted to make something a bit more laid-back but "groovy", especially because of the melody break in the middle. I used a tempo of 110.
Okay. Makes sense now.
