Page 2 of 2

Re: [electronic/experimental(?)] new track - please criticize!

Posted: November 15th, 2017, 7:22 pm
by insonico
D.Ipsum wrote: ↑
November 14th, 2017, 2:24 am
Yeah, a few $ have to be invested.. Do you use controller with LMMS?
Yes, I do. It's a relatively recent acquisition, I've only had for a few months. I used it while making my two last tracks and also the one I'm working on now. It became a pretty indispensable tool. :lol:

It makes the experience so much more musical than just using the keyboard and mouse. And it speeds things up quite a bit too. Particularly when I'm trying out a melody or bass line. I can just do it in real time as opposed to drawing it and then listening and then drawing again, etc, etc.

PS: I got an Alesis V49, because I also wanted to practice playing the piano.

Re: [electronic/experimental(?)] new track - please criticize!

Posted: November 22nd, 2017, 7:06 am
by D.Ipsum
PPNDP wrote: ↑
November 12th, 2017, 9:58 am
I have ordered Akai pad MPK Mini MKII yesterday.
It seems fine.
Have you received it?
What do you think?

Re: [electronic/experimental(?)] new track - please criticize!

Posted: November 26th, 2017, 2:30 pm
by PPNDP
D.Ipsum wrote: ↑
November 22nd, 2017, 7:06 am
PPNDP wrote: ↑
November 12th, 2017, 9:58 am
I have ordered Akai pad MPK Mini MKII yesterday.
It seems fine.
Have you received it?
What do you think?
Hi!
So, yes, I received it but I do not recommend if you want to go go wild with LMMS... For me the size of the keyboard is really important, and it has only 25 keys.
Moreover, mapping all keys is really annoying. I prefer to mix everything in the end, so I am not using any of those knobs.
It's for sure good for playing live - of course with the competitive program (A...n live ;P), unfortunetely - not for now - with LMMS...:(
It was packed with load of free software, packs of samples - but for A...n library, etc... - that are maybe useful but I have no time to install all of them.
People are doing some cool stuff with this model (like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NngDqiq6kvs&t=162s ) but -again- you need A...n for that.
Probably, I need more time to learn magic tricks this controller is offering and now I am more focus on LMMS.
But it's good to have something like that if you want to go somewhere with friends and spontaneously play live from pre-recorded samples - it's small and light.

Re: [electronic/experimental(?)] new track - please criticize!

Posted: November 26th, 2017, 6:46 pm
by D.Ipsum
PPNDP wrote: ↑
November 26th, 2017, 2:30 pm
Hi!
So, yes, I received it but I do not recommend if you want to go go wild with LMMS... For me the size of the keyboard is really important, and it has only 25 keys.
Moreover, mapping all keys is really annoying. I prefer to mix everything in the end, so I am not using any of those knobs.
It's for sure good for playing live - of course with the competitive program (A...n live ;P), unfortunetely - not for now - with LMMS...:(
It was packed with load of free software, packs of samples - but for A...n library, etc... - that are maybe useful but I have no time to install all of them.
People are doing some cool stuff with this model (like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NngDqiq6kvs&t=162s ) but -again- you need A...n for that.
Probably, I need more time to learn magic tricks this controller is offering and now I am more focus on LMMS.
But it's good to have something like that if you want to go somewhere with friends and spontaneously play live from pre-recorded samples - it's small and light.
Yes, mapping is the most boring part, I realized it with the AKM320. You have to assign the master keyboard to each virtual synth you want to use, and each of its knob to the parameters you want to use.

This is a bit why I use more AZERTY keyboard (or QWERTY keyboard), it is immediately recognized, it should not be assigned to a virtual synth.