Page 3 of 3
Re: layering a track ?
Posted: December 27th, 2015, 3:17 pm
by Gps
I think I found something.
Clone the piano track,move all notes of the clone 1/192 ahead. (Twice 1/192 is already too much)
Re: layering a track ?
Posted: December 27th, 2015, 3:47 pm
by Gps
I also added delay, and moved the notes on one track an octave up. Progress.
Calf vintage delay, you need to set the bpm right, and then fiddle with the amount knob, small step forward it is.
Re: layering a track ?
Posted: December 28th, 2015, 12:27 am
by musikbear
ahh yes i made a video about that 'echo-delay' trick some month ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1vO-DmB6Os
Re: layering a track ?
Posted: December 28th, 2015, 1:52 am
by Gps
Just watched that vid, very interesting. There are definitely advantages doing it that way. You have more freedom in were the notes end up.
Re: layering a track ?
Posted: December 28th, 2015, 2:25 am
by brandystarbrite
Interesting tut.
I remember trying something like this a few years ago in Lmms 0.4.13.
But I never tried it, by panning both copies of the instrument.
Even though I did wonder, what would happen if I did do that.
Interesting find.
That double note echo delay effect is pretty neat.
Re: layering a track ?
Posted: December 28th, 2015, 12:11 pm
by Gps
You get a fuller sound and prob also wider stereo.
Re: layering a track ?
Posted: January 5th, 2016, 3:30 pm
by Leche
Well you know, to rip the soundtrack if a video game, they usually use layers. Though I don't make much of it.
Re: layering a track ?
Posted: January 6th, 2016, 3:43 am
by brandystarbrite
Well you know, to rip the soundtrack if a video game, they usually use layers.
Interesting.
Re: layering a track ?
Posted: January 11th, 2016, 5:12 pm
by Leche
Indeed. Although I'm not sure why you would do it for something you have already released in the full project.
Re: layering a track ?
Posted: April 14th, 2018, 4:22 am
by brandystarbrite
slipstick wrote: ↑December 26th, 2015, 5:18 pm
That's the CRS knob and 12 semitones = 1 octave.
That is something, I have to remember more often.
slipstick wrote: ↑December 26th, 2015, 5:18 pm
I find the hardest bits of 3OSC to understand are the PM, AM, MIX etc buttons at the top, but perhaps that's just me
Yeah. That used to confuse me a bit too.
And then when I read in a tut, that
dubstep growls, use
PM aka
Phase modulation
then it all started to make sense. Then I put all of the bits and pieces together and
slowly started to understand, what the PM, AM and MIX buttons, do for synth sounds.
But I will admit, there are still some things, that confuse me about it though.
