Sweeps

Having trouble with LMMS? Ask about it here.
Okay, so. I want to learn how to do sweeps in LMMS. I have no idea how to do them. Basically, I want to go from a low pitch, low frequency to a high pitch, high frequency tone or note. I know kicker can do a basic version of that, but I need something that can last longer.

For an example: http://youtu.be/fOksx7gqIDo. Around 2:15 is when a sweep starts and it ends around 2:25. I think it might also be called a build-up. Any tips, VST's, or information on it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D
I think white noise in triple oscillator works well for the sound but for frequency change not sure. I wish there was a preset for that.
That is probably (almost certainly, even) done with substractive synthesis. That is, routing noise through a very narrow bandpass filter, then slowly sliding the center frequency (cutoff) of the filter upwards.

There are some good vsti's aimed at substractive synthesis, and ZynAddSubFX is also very good for such things.

However, you can do the same with just tripleosc. Use one osc, set it to noise, mute the other two. Enable bandpass filter (try either the first one, or the 12dB RC bandpass), set the resonance really high (trial and error finds the optimal setting), then just play a note and slide the cutoff with automation.

Add effects to taste and bake for 15 minutes at medium temperature.
I may have talked about the wrong feature. I knew how to do the white noise trick and that is not what I meant. :?: I appreciate the replies.
I found another topic that talks about note sliding :!: (I thought to look it up after I talked to FL Studios friend :idea: ): https://sourceforge.net/apps/phpbb/lmms ... f=15&t=176
Thanks for the help, but this is what I meant. There is a video linked in there by SuperLinuxGuru (or something along those lines of a name). At around 2:00, he/she shows how to make a sweep (essentially).
This was a wild 4 month ride to figure it out, and now It's over. Good game everyone! Now this is just here for in case future producers need to figure something out about sweeps. :D :mrgreen: